Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

Gigafish line Vs Grand Max
« on: 03/02/2012 at 19:35 »
Hi Guys

I bought Trout Fisherman last month and it gave a review of gigaline 30% thinner stronger and cheaper than most lines so I decided to try It. I was out today I cought no fish just trees  :z10 but the line did what it said on the tin .I normally use Grand Max £18 100 yards ,This stuff is a fraction of the price stronger if you are going to buy new line check this out all the best J :z13
http://www.gigafishline.com/epages/es143489.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es143489/Categories/Ultra_Monofilament

Ben Dixon

Re: Gigafish line Vs Grand Max
« Reply #1 on: 03/02/2012 at 21:04 »
Hi James,

Grand Max is pants (for me), it breaks for no apparent reason.  Not tried gigafish yet, will have to get some.

Worth noting that if it is 30% thinner in diameter than Riverge then you will have to fish heavier than you would fish for the same flies with Riverge to get turnover.

Cheers

Ben

Barry Robertson

Re: Gigafish line Vs Grand Max
« Reply #2 on: 03/02/2012 at 22:02 »
James,

I fished ALOT last season and not once did i loose any droppers or get snapped using grand max from 7.5lbs / 9.5lbs for normal stuff and 12.5lbs when pulling at Rutland!
I guess its what makes you confident so keep playing around until you find something that works for you! Grand max or orvis mirage is that price for a reason - Its proven and its good!
I dont think many people will be rushing out to buy a new and unproven fluro when they have so much else available that has been so good for so long!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com