Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Cameron

Re: Fishery photos
« Reply #15 on: 04/02/2012 at 14:19 »
bank next to the deer gate might be best as it is deep there.
Ewan

I've tubed there many times over the years. Always had permission from the estate of course. And yes, sensibly, they limit the numbers per day. I think they allow you to tube, but count it as if you are taking a boat.

Best access point for tube is from the wee point at the north bank, before you get to the deer gate, as Ewan said. There is a perfect wee shallow rocky bit to come into the loch from.

If you get there early in the summer mornings, approach the water carefully and you might see eels basking in the shallows, seen that a couple of times. But sorry, nae photos, which was mike's original topic!
Cheers,
Iain

Euan Innes

« Reply #16 on: 04/02/2012 at 23:15 »
Seriously, I had NO idea that tubes were welcome at GT.
Now it is totally at the top of my list. So if they have to book it as a "boat" day, I can see a group "TUBE" day coming on.
Three boats = 6 tubes, so who's up for a spring tube? The bank on the north side to the east of the "finger" is perfect for launching tubes and cooking lunch.
Who's up for it?

:z1

Ben Dixon

« Reply #17 on: 04/02/2012 at 23:22 »
I'll take a boat Euan that way, even if it is a crap fishing day I can get some sport tormenting you cycling mofos  :z4

Ben

Euan Innes

« Reply #18 on: 05/02/2012 at 11:37 »
I couldn't think of a witty retort Ben so,

:X

:z7 :z7 :z7

Jim Eddie

« Reply #19 on: 05/02/2012 at 12:34 »
Seriously, I had NO idea that tubes were welcome at GT.
Now it is totally at the top of my list. So if they have to book it as a "boat" day, I can see a group "TUBE" day coming on.
Three boats = 6 tubes, so who's up for a spring tube? The bank on the north side to the east of the "finger" is perfect for launching tubes and cooking lunch.
Who's up for it?

Euan If I'm home count me in  :z16

:z18

Jim

Irvine Ross

« Reply #20 on: 05/02/2012 at 15:23 »
The bank on the north side to the east of the "finger" is perfect for launching tubes and cooking lunch.
Who's up for it?

Just check with the office when you book to see if there is a wedding on. The "finger" is a favourite location for wedding photos so they won't want a load of ugly mugs in the background behind the beautiful bride.

I'll share the boat with Ben.

Irvine

Liam Stephen

« Reply #21 on: 05/02/2012 at 18:30 »
If you's don't mind some younger company I'd be well up for it?!  :z4 :z4

Liam

Euan Innes

« Reply #22 on: 05/02/2012 at 19:23 »
Well well, it seems we have the makings of a "grand day out".
I seem to recall that Glen Tanar has a maximum of six rods (three boats, two rods per boat) but I'm wondering if they might do a deal if we are not all on the water at the same time.
I'll contact them in the next week or two as to numbers / prices and to see if they could do a C&R only deal and allow more than six rods if it was tube only.

A little barbie on the bank at lunchtime with a beer sounds like good times to me.
Liam, your names on the list.

Watch this space..... :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com