Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

Waulkmill Closed
« on: 02/01/2012 at 10:39 »
Hi Guys
 I went out for the last day of the Season to Waulkmill I was planning just a couple of hours ,To my surprise there was  a big gate locked and some kind of CCTV  thing flashing  ??? So that was my last outing of the year I hope its not closed for long ,Just a heads up in case anybody was thinking of having a day out  there all the best for the new year and I can only hope my next outing will be better  :X2

Sandy Nelson

Re: Waulkmill Closed
« Reply #1 on: 02/01/2012 at 12:35 »
Not sure

The house and lower loch are for sale, i was looking at it in one of the estate agents http://img.findaproperty.com/bowltscharteredsurve/m17084883.pdf?v=1

not sure what the status for the fishery is?

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 02/01/2012 at 13:48 »
I believe Waulkmill Fishery is now run by the Fraserburgh Angling Club?

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 02/01/2012 at 14:27 »
Mike

Yes that is correct, permits were available from the Alldays shops in Maud and New Pitsligo. Not sure if its closed for the winter ?

Sandy

Its not the main house and loch thats for sale on that link, thats the cottage across from Gerges House and the small loch.

Jim   

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 02/01/2012 at 16:22 »

Sandy

Its not the main house and loch thats for sale on that link, thats the cottage across from Gerges House and the small loch.

Jim   

I know, but have to confess to being tempted, would suit me better than being stuck in the town.
Might not suit Sandra and Dan quite as well though  :cry

never mind

Sandy

James Abel

« Reply #5 on: 02/01/2012 at 20:33 »
The gate is 100 meters from the car park and there were no signs to be seen on the gate hopefully if any Fraserburgh members can clarify or anyone fished there lately.  :? all the best J

Quickcast 84

« Reply #6 on: 02/01/2012 at 20:35 »
Well i would say waulkmill is closed now,untill it is sold.fac had it on a 1 year lease only.i am sure fac would not be puting up fencing and cctv for a winter closure,if they had the lease for longer.they certainly don't do that at fedderate for winter
 :z16

Dave Mundie

« Reply #7 on: 04/01/2012 at 19:15 »
Could the gate be anything to do with the paint ball/shooting bit beside the main loch?

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 04/01/2012 at 23:03 »
Could the gate be anything to do with the paint ball/shooting bit beside the main loch?
Dave
The paintball closed about 18 months ago
 :z18
Jim

Dave Mundie

« Reply #9 on: 05/01/2012 at 19:25 »
Ah ok Jim,

Not been out there for a while was concentrating on the river last year so didn't get much still water fishing done last year.

Dave

James Abel

« Reply #10 on: 05/01/2012 at 20:49 »
Hi guys I found out today that fraserburgh angling club had the lease from December 1st for a year and it is closed  :z6 it's a shame I caught my first fish on the fly there and have had some good days fishing there it's a shame to
Loose another good fishery  :cry

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com