Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

The new Barrio GT90 intermediate fly lines have arrived :z16

Our new GT90 intermediate fly lines are available via the website and range from WF4I through to WF8I. The GT90 is a very slow intermediate line which offers you great depth control.

See: http://www.flylineshop.com/barrio-fly-lines.html

Best wishes
Mike

Alex Burnett

Barrio GT90 Intermediate
« Reply #1 on: 03/09/2011 at 18:36 »
Well another successful trip to Haddo to try out the new Barrio GT90 Intermediate.  :z16
What can I say, casts like a dream & fishes very much like a Cortland Rocket Taper Intermediate line,
it feels smoother to the touch than the Cortland.

Over the years I have tried various Intermediate lines but always without fail return to the Cortland as I felt it gave me better depth control as it sinks level, I don’t think I will be going back this time as the Barrio GT90 does exactly that, it sinks very slowly & level meaning that if the fish are at a certain level you can keep your fly in the target zone for the whole length of your retrieve & as a bonus it cast easier & still gives a fantastic roll over at distance.

Two outings 22 fish, casting 15-20Ft further than before & with a lot more accuracy, oh & half the price to boot. :wink

Well Done Mike, another cracking line.  :z18 :z14

Ben Dixon

Re: Barrio GTi
« Reply #2 on: 08/11/2011 at 22:26 »
Got my copy of FF&FT today which I had been looking forward to for a while, I had a hunch that there was a review in there.....

The GTi was rated best slow intermediate in test. 

The line was up against competition from some of the major manufacturers lines, some costing more than twice the price.  Considering the line was conceived by some womble working out of a shed in deepest Aberdeenshire it's turned out not too bad  :z7

I could have posted a link to a Barrio R&D video at this point but, thought better of it  :z4

Ben

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 08/11/2011 at 22:36 »
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Uncle Bulgaria have help from other wombles?  :z7 :z7 :z7

:z1

Ewan Lindsay

« Reply #4 on: 09/11/2011 at 06:02 »
I'd sue if I were you Mike! :z4

Congrats on the GTi

Ewan

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 09/11/2011 at 08:00 »
Underground overground  :z4 Great Stuff , I'll get my copy of FF & FT next trip home. Well done Mike  :z16

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 16/11/2011 at 13:45 »
You can view a copy of the test here ... http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/GT90-test.pdf

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com