Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Re: Leisure Battery Question
« Reply #15 on: 27/08/2011 at 17:26 »
Lecky motor now in my possession - full speed ahead cap'in  :z16

I'll check with the bank manager for a leisure battery if not I may have to take you up on your offer of a loan of one Ben (for next Saturday).

By the way it looks like the original battery problem is Sulfation (for de naytian)

Iain

I might also need to borrow one of Bens also , what Leccy motor did you get Iain ?

I think I might get one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110647762001?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #16 on: 27/08/2011 at 17:27 »
Lecky motor now in my possession - full speed ahead cap'in  :z16

I'll check with the bank manager for a leisure battery if not I may have to take you up on your offer of a loan of one Ben (for next Saturday).

By the way it looks like the original battery problem is Sulfation (for de naytian)

Iain

Stop pleading poverty money bags:wink
Just get a good one as you just know a crap battery will shit itself and will spoil your day and i wont be giving you a tow up and down the water  :z4
What mototr did you get anyway?

Barry Robertson

« Reply #17 on: 27/08/2011 at 17:29 »
I might also need to borrow one of Bens also , what Leccy motor did you get Iain ?

I think I might get one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110647762001?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Jim

That looks just the ticket jim  :z16

Barry Robertson

Jim Eddie

« Reply #19 on: 27/08/2011 at 17:33 »
That looks just the ticket jim  :z16

Only concern is that its an English bank holiday on Monday so might not arrive before Saturday.

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #20 on: 27/08/2011 at 17:53 »
Pretty sure alpha batteries are next day delivery,failling that there is always D & A Motor factors in montrose jim! They will have them in stock and i could pick it up and give it a bleesh on the charger for you  :z8
Just an idea and maybe worth a phone call!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #21 on: 27/08/2011 at 19:47 »
Shakespeare Sigma 44lb'er

Baz,
so how do they battery connectors attach? or should I say - the motor comes with crimped terminals - those ones with the holes in for sliding over a stud. Do these stay on or do you still need crocodile clips or what? that e-bay pictur gives nothing away.

Iain

Iain Goolager

« Reply #22 on: 27/08/2011 at 19:50 »
Cancel that, I see how they operate now  :z16

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com