Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

Lochside rubbish
« on: 08/07/2011 at 20:30 »
Whats with the people who come to the highlands and leave their rubbish scattered about along the loch sides? I picked up 2 lots of nylon just left along the shore, one bit must have been about 40ft long in bright green,crisp packets and lager cans with spinner packets I wonder how they live at home, must be some one following them around ???
easgach1

Iain Goolager

Re: Lochside rubbish
« Reply #1 on: 08/07/2011 at 20:40 »
 :z8

just a different species to 'normal' decent people - 'oxygen thieves'

Iain

bordertroot

« Reply #2 on: 08/07/2011 at 20:44 »
If its any consolation Easgach, you are not alone.
Just come back from South Uist where we came across a loch with over 40 half bottles (Whyte & MacKay main choice!)
Down here the local farmers think they have a right to discard all plastics from feed bags,hay wraps etc. On Argyll hill lochs I found over 70 plastic containers from broken `Diver rafts` courtesy of RSPB.

Bob

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 08/07/2011 at 21:03 »
It makes my blood boil, I think its a generation thing if I had dropped any litter at all (not that I did) I would have got a kick up the erse from my old man, nowadys the parents are as bad as the kids, christ I'm turning into a grumpy old man  :wink

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 08/07/2011 at 22:32 »
One of my Coastguard teams spent a day with the local community clearing some of the banks of Loch Ness at Fort Augustus.
Lots of interesting finds, but between 20 people 50+ heavy duty black bin bags were filled.
Pisses me off no end  :mad

:z3

Euan Innes

« Reply #5 on: 08/07/2011 at 23:00 »
Jedi...
Turning in to....???? :z7

Main thread
And this is one of the reasons that we are not allowed to carry hand guns in this country. I'm sure we can all come up with various expletives describing these spawns of the devil but the truth is that we as a society have created them. We have accepted the liberal way of "no-one should come first" and everyone is equal. We accepted the "thou shalt not smack" and we have all secomed to the government will sort this out because that's what they are for.
PC has gone daft and we are all to blame for letting it happen. These litterers know no better because their parents know no better. It is up to us all to sort this out.

That or we just whip the miscreants to within an inch of their lives and burn the bodies. Jedi, if you though that YOU were grumpy....
Wait til they get a load of me!  :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

:z1

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 09/07/2011 at 00:24 »
Jedi...
Turning in to....???? :z7

That or we just whip the miscreants to within an inch of their lives and burn the bodies. Jedi, if you though that YOU were grumpy....
Wait til they get a load of me!  :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

Salt & vinegar McCoys Euan, you get the crisps, I'll get the razor blades  :z4

Worst spot I know for litter is the car park by the bridge at Fetternear, lost track of the shit I have taken home and binned or dragged out of the river there, not angling litter just general crap.

Ben

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 09/07/2011 at 21:48 »
we walked up to a loch to find a binliner full of rubbish stashed under a rock  this was an 1 1/2hr walk dont they get taught any thing at school? easgach1

Jim Eddie

« Reply #8 on: 18/07/2011 at 16:50 »
Jedi...
Turning in to....?

I very much resemble that remark Soundmannie  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

I remeber you when you were a grumpy Sound Loon  :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Euan Innes

« Reply #9 on: 18/07/2011 at 22:19 »
Jim,
I "matured" in to a right old shite! :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z4 :z7

And to make matters worse I found that some illegitimate son of a hooor decided that leaving beercans and crisp bags at the drift wood seat that I made down by the mouth of the North Esk was better than carrying it out. McCoys will be the least of his worries if I ever find he/she/it!! :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

There are so many more expletives that I could use but this is a family forum so I won't. But that doesn't mean I'm not thinking them. Last week when I sat there a Peregrine falcon landed 20' away from me whilst it was stalking terns and Dolphins regularly hunt in the bay. I do not need it polluted by neds....
rant off temporarily...

Happy place, happy place...

Peter McCallum

« Reply #10 on: 19/07/2011 at 07:43 »
Probably some of my ex pupils.... I agree with your assesment of their lineage  :z1

John Reid

« Reply #11 on: 20/07/2011 at 11:37 »
This really angers me.  When I first moved back down here I was fishing UCAPA water in the lower/mid reaches of the Clyde which is within spitting distance of the towns of Motherwell and Hamilton. A common site there is trees hacked down for firewood, remnants of the carry out strewn around the fire including broken bottles etc.  These bassholes even broke up the benches and fences to burn on there medieval fires!   :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

What I don't get however, is the need to light a fire at the base of a 150+ year old Oak tree  :? :? :? :? :?  These folk do not have the brains they were born with.  It is a shame that clowns like this give the worm drowners a really bad name.  I personally don't drown the wrigglers but I know a few decent guys that do with a fair amount of skill with balsa floats and a centre-pin.  The sad thing and the bit that really annoys me down here is when I mention fishing to folk they think I go to the river with a carry out, a ledgering rod and radio and sit there, let salmon parr sook the worm and hook into their guts and get inebriated!  :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

Here is a picture that was taken at Mauldslie on the Clyde last week which demonstrates the type of Neanderthal we have to deal with down here.

Needless to say I hardly fish in this area any more as it is much nicer and holds better fish in the upper river and you don't run the chance of a ned wanting to relieve you of your rod and reel!

Hanging would be too good for the B@stards (Sorry for the language Mike but I could not think of a more appropriate word)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com