Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Abel

breathable waders for float tube
« on: 12/05/2011 at 11:43 »
Hi guys i'm looking for waders for a float tube. But i have size 14 feet i'm looking at breathable the ones that i'm looking at are ocean and greys g series has anyone used them what like are they ??? I know size 14 feet who needs waders Thanks for any replies all the best J :z13

Barry Robertson

Re: breathable waders for float tube
« Reply #1 on: 12/05/2011 at 21:21 »
James i think your going to have to go to a shop and try loads on as you wont be an easy size to fit  :z4
For float tubing and my limited experience with it i preferd the neoprenes over the breathables!
I have the wades on the link below and find them ideal for the tube  :z16

http://www.fishingmegastore.com/vision-sub-zero-waders~9401.html

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 12/05/2011 at 21:35 »
Good advice from Baz ....... you're best to try them on as most folk find they need a size or two bigger than their shoe size.

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 12/05/2011 at 21:39 »
Baz

Is right about the trying on, but I disagree about the Neo's, better with breathables and layer up , if you ahve to walk any distance in neo's you will be soaked with sweat.

:z18

Jim 

Peter McCallum

« Reply #4 on: 13/05/2011 at 09:13 »
Must agree with baz, because breathables tend to leak as they get a lot of wear as you are sitting down.....at least in my experience with my visions.  In saying that if you are tubing hill lochs the walking is a pig in neoprenes.  :z6

Allan Liddle

« Reply #5 on: 13/05/2011 at 14:49 »
Switched to breathables for the tube many moons ago and simply wouldn't go back.  Any wader type can leak and yes breathables have a tendancy for seepage around the seams (as Jim will confirm following my damp right leg after Park), but this happens when normal deep wading with this type of wader just as much as when tubing. (Ok yes you're in the water longer in the tube)

Re-sealing the seams shortly after buying cures this.  Yup i know a new, or fairly new pair of waders shouldn't need this but you'd be surprised just how many makes (even the dear ones) you get sepage via the seems on.  Quick blast of aquasure and yer set for a good while though.

James Abel

« Reply #6 on: 13/05/2011 at 20:09 »
Thanks for all your replies I have all ready ordered a pair of wading shoes yesterday .  It will have to be breathable waders im not wasting £60 no chance of selling them on  :z4 . Like  Baz said I will need to try on the waders think I will go for the oceans . I had a pair of the oilskins a few times when i was a fisherman they were pretty good I just hope the breathables  fit thanks again j :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com