Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

nailchapper

Hill-Loch Fishing
« on: 11/05/2011 at 11:16 »
Me and my best mate Zac {3year old chocolate lab} have got ourselves a two man tent a box of brown trout flies and we're  looking to take-off for a couple of weekend fishing trips up in the bonny hills of scotland. Just wondering if anybody had any locations they would be happy to pass on.
 :z18 

Dutchfly

Re: Hill-Loch Fishing
« Reply #1 on: 11/05/2011 at 19:08 »
Why not go to the Coigach Peninsula, north of Ullapool. Permits in the craftshop in Polbain. I think Zac will like it there :z16

Good luck,

Jeroen

Offthebard

« Reply #2 on: 12/05/2011 at 12:39 »
A wee dabble at the hill lochs South of Oban, nice walks in, plenty of peace, and some great views to the western Isles. You get a permit from the Tackle shop in Oban with a little map and basic guide to the lochs. Worth a try out if you find that area suits.

Tight Lines Sandy. 

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 12/05/2011 at 21:37 »
Great stuff Scott :z16

PM on the way ........

Cheers
Mike

BillyWallace

« Reply #4 on: 13/05/2011 at 16:30 »
If you are around the Glasgow area, then I would suggest Kilmannan resevoir near Carbeth. The Loch used to be permit only (from the Queen elizabeth angling club) but they gave up the rights and it's now free fishing. It is in the Auchineden estate it has good wild brownies (and unfortunately an over abundance of perch, but they take the fly too). Vehicles aren't allowed near the loch so it means a 15 minute walk from the pump station to the bottom of the loch. The loch is about 120 acres of water and can be "dour" at times but when it's fishing it fishes well. If you ned more info let me know.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com