Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to May 2nd )
« on: 03/05/2011 at 00:45 »
Hi folks :cool:

The bright sunny weather has continued to make things tricky at Haddo this week, some anglers have enjoyed great sport, but others have found the conditions quite challenging. Bloodworm, Buzzers, Red Hook, Crunchers, Straggle Nymphs, Damsels and Diawl Bachs have proved popular flies and lures have also fished well at times.

Gordon Mackay enjoyed a good session tempting 22 fish up to 6 lb, Colin Davidson had 20 up to 6 lb, Denis Mackay 20 up to 5 lb, B. Christie 14 up to 4 lb, Ian Brown 12 up to 4 lb, Phil Broadley 12 up to 2 lb, P. Birszke and J. Findlay both had 11 up to 5 lb and Robbie Moore netted a nice rainbow of approx 10 lb in his catch of five.

Best wishes
Mike 

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to May 2nd )
« Reply #1 on: 03/05/2011 at 01:24 »

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #2 on: 04/05/2011 at 23:29 »

Did i miss Spring and summer :z6, looks like a beautiful Autumn day

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 05/05/2011 at 01:13 »
Yes, it's funny how the camera picked up the colours Sandy, I think it is probably because some of the trees were in leaf and others were still in bud :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 05/05/2011 at 07:10 »
Obviously you know best what's going on there Mike but I have noticed the recent nightly frosts have discoloured a lot of new leaves and buds.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com