Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

flybox

Which Fishery?
« on: 25/02/2011 at 22:28 »
Hi Guys,
Going to have a cast tomorrow and see if I can stretch the mass of coils out of a few lines. My question, which fishery?
I would normally have gone to Loch Insch without thinking about it much, but I understand from reports that it is not as good anymore. Can anyone enlighten me......honestly!
The first place, which springs to mind now is Lochter, it seems to be the most popular venue now, has anyone fished here lately?
Or, does anyone recommend any other fisheries in the area. Kevin Moss seems to be popular.
All info much appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Noel Kelly

Re: Which Fishery?
« Reply #1 on: 25/02/2011 at 23:05 »
Lochter has been fishing well. Its the closest fishery to me so handy for a few hrs. I have fished it most saturday mornings for the last 5/6 weeks. Nymphs have been working well for me and other guys I have spoken to. Might be there in the morning again for a few hrs if I dont drink much more of this whisky :z4 :z18 

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 25/02/2011 at 23:12 »
Lochter has been fishing well. Its the closest fishery to me so handy for a few hrs. I have fished it most saturday mornings for the last 5/6 weeks. Nymphs have been working well for me and other guys I have spoken to. Might be there in the morning again for a few hrs if I dont drink much more of this whisky :z4 :z18 

Drop Mike a note, I think he is back open again this weekend.

Ben

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 25/02/2011 at 23:45 »
Mike is open but I think he is full tomorrow. Not certain of that.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 26/02/2011 at 00:58 »
Hi guys :z16

I've currently got one boat available tomorrow and I'm full on Sunday.

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com