Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Tomorrow (Sunday)
« on: 19/02/2011 at 17:39 »
Hi guys :cool:

Just back from a few hours at work. The ice only covers about 30% of the loch now, between the hut and the car park. I am not ready to open for normal business yet as I have quite a lot of tidying up to do, the boats are obviously quite grubby etc etc :z6

I saw one or two fish rising this afternoon, so looking good for a few over-wintered trout :z3

If any of you regulars fancy a wee session on the water tomorrow, let me know via PM and we can give it a go, there is space for about two or three boats. I've no idea how it will fish, but it will be worth a try and I'm sure some of you would like a go for the first fish of the year :wink

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

Re: Haddo Tomorrow (Sunday)
« Reply #1 on: 20/02/2011 at 16:47 »
I fished it today, had a good day. I'd say its about 80% ice free now, a couple more days like this and it will be clear.

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 20/02/2011 at 19:36 »

Offthebard

« Reply #3 on: 21/02/2011 at 11:24 »
Nice to see the ice age is over up there - I was begining to think it was going to be like a couple of years back when I went North in May only to find frost on the ground and hail stones bouncing of my bonnet and tent at Lochindorb.

Now you can get some practice in before the broonie season kicks off :z4.

Looked like a fair size fish in the net there going by the tail :cool:.

Sandy B. 

Jim Eddie

« Reply #4 on: 21/02/2011 at 13:05 »
Nice to see the ice age is over up there - I was begining to think it was going to be like a couple of years back when I went North in May only to find frost on the ground and hail stones bouncing of my bonnet and tent at Lochindorb.

Now you can get some practice in before the broonie season kicks off :z4.

Looked like a fair size fish in the net there going by the tail :cool:.

Sandy B. 

Was around 10 to 12lb , never claimed it though as it was hooked in the tail  :oops

:z18

Jim

« Reply #5 on: 21/02/2011 at 14:37 »

Nice to see you open Mike.

Buzzer and nymphs Jim. :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 21/02/2011 at 18:20 »
Hi Henry

Not open yet, still tidying up after the winter, will hopefully open at the end of the week :wink

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 23/02/2011 at 00:14 »
Hi folks :cool:

I'm planning to open the fishery on Friday.

I will also be there for most of the day tomorrow and Thursday, generally tidying up. So if any of the Haddo regulars would like to fish tomorrow or Thursday ..... this would be OK as long as I know that you are coming :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com