Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Dropper Knot
« on: 15/01/2011 at 19:23 »
I never liked the 3 or 4 turn water knot. This was posted on the FFF years ago and I have been using it ever since. Its a simple knot to tie.

It was originally posted by "Berlin" who later left the forum. This is a link to the knot on his SWFF forum

http://www.ukswff.co.uk/Tips_Dropper.shtml

:z18

Jim

Ben Dixon

Re: Dropper Knot
« Reply #1 on: 15/01/2011 at 19:59 »
No problems with a water know for me Jim, can tie them in my sleep!!  Main issue is not seating them correctly or using too many turns with fluoro.  I have found that 4 turns in fluorocarbon tends to break more oftern than not same with fluoro and a tucked half blood.

Will have a play with that knot though.

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 15/01/2011 at 22:06 »
Looks like a nice knot, but I haven't had any problems with the 3 turn water knot to be honest :wink

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 15/01/2011 at 22:36 »
3 turn water knot for me every time! Great confidence in it and i only find it doesnt work well if you use cheap fluro and dont wet the knot enough!

Kev Danby

« Reply #4 on: 17/01/2011 at 22:03 »
I'm with you on this one Jim a great knot I've been using it a good few years now but I'm glad you re-posted a I was at lochter on Sunday and had a complete blonde moment (or more likely red wine moment) I could remember how to tie the knot

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 18/01/2011 at 06:23 »
I'm with you on this one Jim a great knot I've been using it a good few years now but I'm glad you re-posted a I was at lochter on Sunday and had a complete blonde moment (or more likely red wine moment) I could remember how to tie the knot

I call them Senior moments Kev  :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 18/01/2011 at 08:58 »
I have used the water knot from day one and strangely the only time I have had an issue with it is when using Orvis Super Strong line  :z8 yet I know others that use it with no problems....

Graham Allan

« Reply #7 on: 18/01/2011 at 19:01 »
Cheers Jim
                 That looks a fine easy one to tie in the dark or with frosty fingers.I'll ge it a go next time I'm oot.
               Graham

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com