Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Outcasts Indoor Winter Gathering
« Reply #60 on: 30/01/2011 at 01:38 »
Hi Mike,
              Funnily enough I was thinking about the same thing ! A plan that is , not the lack of one !

I would like to have a practise and pick up some hints and tips under Ben's watchful eye at various presentation casts eg. big and wee wiggle casts,pile ,parachute, steeple, aerial mending to the left and right, Belgian casts, change of direction casts ( incl. snake rolls ), jump roll maybe .That should keep Ben and everyone busy !!

Just thought ,maybe this has been done before ?
Not to worry . See you tomorrow.

Paul.

Yes, sorry Paul, we did all that last time! :z4  :z4  :z4

Noel Kelly

« Reply #61 on: 30/01/2011 at 12:44 »
Hi mike, sorry but something has come up and I won't be able to make it today. Hope ye have fun.
Noel.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #62 on: 30/01/2011 at 12:49 »
Hi Mike,
            I afterthought so . Sorry. At least it proves I,m not completely senile ! :z4

Paul.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #63 on: 30/01/2011 at 19:26 »
Ben

Thanks for setting it up, I thought all in all it was spot on. venue was good, timing was right, good to see a few guys I had not seen for a while.

No sign of AW though  :z4

:z18

Jim

Paul Rankine

« Reply #64 on: 30/01/2011 at 21:11 »
Hi All,
          Just to echo Jim. Thanks very much for today Ben and Mike . Very enjoyable.

Thanks again,

Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #65 on: 30/01/2011 at 21:40 »
Hi guys
Thanks for the really good company, I had a great time, just the ticket at this time of year! :z12

I think that venue is excellent, it was good to have so much space!
A big thank you to Will, Magnus and Ben for the excellent demos :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Allan Liddle

« Reply #66 on: 31/01/2011 at 00:57 »
Cracking afternoon.  Learned a lot, those simple wee things make a big difference.
Thanks to all and looking forward to the next one. Good meeting up with auld faces again, and meeting new ones.

Allan

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #67 on: 31/01/2011 at 06:44 »
I had a great afternoon. Much thanks to Ben for organising it :z18
lovely to see everyone, made me feel a wee bit warmer :z4
some great tips , thanks Will , Magnus and Ben  :z14 and a few wee toys to play with.
Nice to find out that my grass fetish has not diminished despite the proliferation
of big gun SW stuff I've been using recently. I could have played with that wee boo all afternoon
and been quite content :z12

all good fun , now to look forward to august and some fish to throw at :z16

sandy

Peter McCallum

« Reply #68 on: 31/01/2011 at 07:12 »
Yep a really good afternoon guys thanks Mike & Ben. Nice of you to hit Will with a off the cuff demo! :z4 Well done Will :cool:

Spent the rest of the time looking at slack.... couldn't fix it properly. I need more work.  :oops :cry

Sorry Magnus but i'll try to be more of a positive creep over the next we while :wink .

Tes Jim its a pity Bert couldn't make it again.  :wink  It would be nice to meet him,

Peter

Irvine Ross

« Reply #69 on: 31/01/2011 at 08:29 »
Yes indeed thanks to Ben, Magnus and Will for all the good advice. I must practice more!

A great venue and it was good to have a blether with faces old and new. Now we have the opening march to the Don to look forward to.

Cheers
Irvine

Hamish Young

« Reply #70 on: 31/01/2011 at 09:36 »
Yes indeed thanks to Ben, Magnus and Will for all the good advice. I must practice more!

Yes, so must I.... get out and practice..... less power needed  :z4 Well done in particular to Will for coming up with a very useful demo/talk with 180 seconds of planning time  :z16

Nice to see everyone, good venue :cool:

:z3

« Reply #71 on: 31/01/2011 at 11:23 »

Hi Mike

Well that was a good way to spend  a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. Thanks to Will,Magnus,Ben for the demos nice to meet up with some old faces and some new. Few tips to take on board. :z18

Kevin Muir

« Reply #72 on: 31/01/2011 at 16:13 »
I had a great day, many thanks to Ben, Will and Magnus for their assistance in identifying my faults (oh so many to cure) and for showing me / us all just how it should be done.

I will make sure that I spend a few hours each week working on my casting.  Must try to sort out a tripod and get the video on my camera set up to check on progress.

It makes you take stock of things and focus on the areas that need work, the encouragement was excellent and I have a clear(ish) plan of action to tackle each area stage by stage.  It makes you think about all aspects of casting so much more and I will probably spend many hours with Peter oven the next few months working together on similar things. 

Thanks again for giving up you weekend to help us out, very much appreciated, a great way to spend a winter day.

Looking forward the the next one, what a cracking venue.

Mike, the quality of your CDC was just great, I will place an order later today.

Kevin.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #73 on: 31/01/2011 at 23:01 »
What a cracking place, first time I've been there.

Turned up late and spent all my time yapping. Managed to set up my rod but didn't cast it once - managed three casts of Stuarts 2wt which was pleasant.

Very pleased to see you all after what's been a seemingly long absence.

A couple of old sweats couldn't be there but the turnout was still very good.

Well done organisers and lecturers.

Safe trip home Sandy

Iain

Stuart Smith

« Reply #74 on: 01/02/2011 at 22:57 »
Thanks for the afternoon out.I do love the casting days.I learn so much and it's great catching up with foke you don't see alot.
Can't wait until the next one.I hope I'm at home for it

Stuart

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com