Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Outcasts Indoor Winter Gathering
« Reply #45 on: 25/01/2011 at 23:42 »
I'm afraid despite being ultra good at christmas I'm on call so won't be able to make it.  Apologies and if I'm due any money let me know and I'll drop it off either at banchory or with Mike. 

sorry

matt

Yes, I think you should drop it off with Mike :z4  :z4  :z4

Sorry you can't come Matt ..... no money due, thanks for offering.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #46 on: 25/01/2011 at 23:44 »
Not too sure if I can make this it will be a lat minute opportunity, any problems if i just turn up on the day?

No probs Kev, yes just see how things go on the day and come along if you can :z16

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #47 on: 26/01/2011 at 17:24 »
Hi folks :cool:

As I said to Kev, if anybody finds they can come along at the last minute, feel welcome to join in :wink

We have the track area booked from 3pm to 6pm, so just turn up at the main reception and they'll point you in the right direction.

Cost is about £180, so if everybody could make sure they have change with them to cover anything from £10 to £20 per head please, depending on what the division per head ends up being on the day.

Rods in tubes, or in sections while going through reception obviously, wear soft shoes like trainers etc ( no tackity boots :z7 ) and no flies or hooks in your tackle bags please ...... all logical safety :wink

If we have a good turnout of folk on the day and the time flies, we might possibly ask if we can continue for an extra hour through to 7pm? We can just see how things go on the day and what everybody fancies doing :wink

http://www.aberdeensportsvillage.com/facilities/sports-bookable/indoor-track/

Best wishes
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #48 on: 26/01/2011 at 23:51 »
Mike
Noel
Peter
Irvine
Jim
Ben
Magnus & George
Michael
Allan
Kevin
Hamish
Will
Sandy
Henry

I make that 12 with the guys who have singed up recently and those whove dropped out.  Plenty of space if anyone else can would like to come along.  Michael, I've eventually got your indicator line!!  Will bring it along.

Iain, if theres any way you can make it would be good to see you.  We'll need a victim  :z4

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #49 on: 26/01/2011 at 23:59 »
I make that 14 excluding George :z4

Ben Dixon

« Reply #50 on: 27/01/2011 at 01:00 »
I make that 14 excluding George :z4

Correct, still feeling pretty grim and not quite with it Mike  Got some kind of man flu shit going on!

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #51 on: 27/01/2011 at 01:09 »
Pour yerself a decent dram Ben and go get some sleep! :z16

Cheers
Mike

« Reply #52 on: 27/01/2011 at 16:58 »

Hi Mike Young Andrew would like to come along. :z16

Mike Barrio

« Reply #53 on: 27/01/2011 at 17:31 »

Hi Mike Young Andrew would like to come along. :z16

That will be fine Henry :cool:

Cheers
Mike

Paul Rankine

« Reply #54 on: 27/01/2011 at 22:14 »
Hi Ben/Mike,

Would it be Ok if Stuart Forsyth and myself came along  or is that too many ?  How much of the Hall do we have ?
            Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #55 on: 27/01/2011 at 22:20 »
Hi Ben/Mike,

Would it be Ok if Stuart Forsyth and myself came along  or is that too many ?  How much of the Hall do we have ?
            Paul.

Hi Paul

That will be fine, we can take it in turns if we end up being pushed for space :wink

Great stuff
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #56 on: 27/01/2011 at 22:25 »
Hi Ben/Mike,

Paul.

Should be plenty of space Paul, be good to see you.

Cheers

Ben

Paul Rankine

« Reply #57 on: 27/01/2011 at 22:32 »

Hiyah,
             Thanks. 
  Paul.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #58 on: 29/01/2011 at 12:30 »
Any special requests for tomorrow, as in aspects that you would like to focus on? ..... or will we work to our usual plan, which is there isn't a plan :z4

Cheers
Mike

Paul Rankine

« Reply #59 on: 29/01/2011 at 16:22 »
Hi Mike,
              Funnily enough I was thinking about the same thing ! A plan that is , not the lack of one !

I would like to have a practise and pick up some hints and tips under Ben's watchful eye at various presentation casts eg. big and wee wiggle casts,pile ,parachute, steeple, aerial mending to the left and right, Belgian casts, change of direction casts ( incl. snake rolls ), jump roll maybe .That should keep Ben and everyone busy !!

Just thought ,maybe this has been done before ?
Not to worry . See you tomorrow.

Paul.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com