Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Anyone else Stuck?
« on: 01/12/2010 at 08:17 »
Had a LOT of snow overnight last night.  To move my car which was cleared last night would require a shovel, I must have had about 12" fall last night  :shock

Cheers

Ben

Matt Henderson

Re: Anyone else Stuck?
« Reply #1 on: 01/12/2010 at 09:09 »
I got through town to work ok.  But then went to the garage to get my new tyres fitted.  They hadn't cleared their yard when I got there.  I'm pretty sure the focus bellied out before I actually tried to stop it.   :z4 :z4 Oh well I'll just wait for their phonecall to tell me its ready! 

Ben - have you considered cross country skis, ski into Kintore and then drive from there. 

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 01/12/2010 at 09:16 »
Stuck - no. Not enough snow or ice here.

Frozen private water supply :? oh yes indeedy  :z10

:z3

Noel Kelly

« Reply #3 on: 01/12/2010 at 12:09 »
Had a LOT of snow overnight last night.  To move my car which was cleared last night would require a shovel, I must have had about 12" fall last night  :shock

Cheers

Ben

12 inches hmmm had about 4 inches at mine which is less than a mile from your house.
Think im starting to see how you catch so many 2+lbrs on the don...that we never see pics of.... :z4 :z7

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 01/12/2010 at 13:31 »
Not stuck ..... but interesting weather :z4

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #5 on: 01/12/2010 at 16:43 »
I made it in to Aberdeen but the roads were the worst so far this year, and we had 9ft of snow last night   :z4

Despite what they are trying to portray on TV seems to be a distinct lack of ploughs / gritters out. Most of the trouble in aberdeen is the volume of traffic, it just needs one car to get stuck or a bump for chaos to ensue  :mad

Maybe some one will come up with the idea to build a bypass round Aberdeen  :wink No thats never going to happen , is it ?

:z18

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #6 on: 01/12/2010 at 17:32 »
O.K, measured it, just about 8" before I cleared it to go out and get some logs.  Needed the shovel to move it, parked up in deep snow next to the house last night in an attempt to keep car out of the wind / cold as batteries not the best right now.  Went as far as Inverurie and wouldn't want to go much further really, be fun tomorrow if the forecasted temperatures are correct.

Ben

Matt Henderson

« Reply #7 on: 01/12/2010 at 17:41 »
Got the car from the garage. And not one white road to test out the new tyres on!

Ben Dixon

« Reply #8 on: 01/12/2010 at 17:45 »
Go try the one between Kintore & Fintray!!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 01/12/2010 at 17:56 »
Go try the one between Kintore & Fintray!!

:z4  :z4  :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 01/12/2010 at 18:04 »
I'm stuck - in a s**t job!

Roads are poor - hear that there's a broken down snow plough at the Bridge of Dee, wont be with a damaged blade 'cos the fluggers are never down!

We had 98.76mm of snowfall last night and my igloo is coming along fine  -do I need planning permission?

bleak time of year for the working man.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #11 on: 01/12/2010 at 19:52 »
Well i am well and truely stuck , no flights for 3 days now and not looking good for the next week or so, doubt i will get home on friday!

:z18

Ben Dixon

« Reply #12 on: 01/12/2010 at 22:17 »
I'm stuck - in a s**t job!

Roads are poor - hear that there's a broken down snow plough at the Bridge of Dee, wont be with a damaged blade 'cos the fluggers are never down!

We had 98.76mm of snowfall last night and my igloo is coming along fine  -do I need planning permission?

bleak time of year for the working man.

Know what you mean about the ploughs, if there's been more than one down my road then it's been gritting with bloody snow.  98.76mm Iain are they Irish / European mm or regular Scottish ones  :z4

Baz,

Is that your flybox under that pile of snowballs?  Looks shit out there mate!!

Ben

Matt Henderson

« Reply #13 on: 01/12/2010 at 22:34 »
I think I've only seen one gritter\snow plough since the snow started last week!

Hamish Young

« Reply #14 on: 01/12/2010 at 22:37 »

Only if the footprint is greater than 121.75mm in radius, so you should be fine Iain  :z7
That is unless you went for the deluxe ice conservatory, in which case you could be on a slippery slope with the planners  :z13
The ice sculpture is right out  :z10

H  :z3

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com