Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Fishing Gloves
« on: 26/11/2010 at 17:00 »
Anyone who frequents the "big forum" will have seen the threads re gloves. I can assure you i have tried them all, cheap and expensive. I found thr neoprene fingerless or fold back fingers are no good as your hand become cold when the water gets in , as it will. I have tried the Sealskins which are around £28 a pop , although they keep your hands dry they still get cold.

These are the ones I now wear, although they will get wet, even then they still keep your hand warm.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290484946156

Alternatively you can not wear gloves as its not cool and moan like a wee girly about cold hands  :z4 :z4 :z4

:z18

Jim   

Barry Robertson

Re: Fishing Gloves
« Reply #1 on: 26/11/2010 at 17:02 »
I was about to post MAN UP, then i realised that you remembered about me moaning at sherrup  :z2

Steven Kidd

« Reply #2 on: 26/11/2010 at 17:13 »
Footjoy, thermal golf gloves do the trick, nice and warm and have obviously good 'feel' through the fingers.

Skidd

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 26/11/2010 at 20:41 »
Footjoy? Footjoy?

It's Calloway or nothing!
Why do golfers only wear one glove?

'cos one one hand it might be raining but on the other it might not.......................................coat!

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 26/11/2010 at 20:48 »
In extreme cold conditions, a pair of fairly thin wool gloves with a pair of washing up gloves over them works very well indeed. Warm, dry and still a bit of feel ...... trouble is they don't look very trendy :z4

Perhaps replacing the old washing up gloves with some of these modern latex protective ones might do the trick :wink

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 26/11/2010 at 20:53 »
Tried a good few products and never found anything yet that does the trick, i just cant fish with gloves on, it seams to take the feel out of the whole thing  :z8
Especially fishing buzzers in the winter, i just have to have the most feel that my fingers will give me!
Trying to have a super smooth slow figure of 8 with gloves on just doesnt work!

Andy Wren

« Reply #6 on: 02/12/2010 at 13:10 »
I fished in -4c on sunday ,wearing half a pair of simmsn fingerless with another half pair of orvis fingerless ,both fleece ,and both slightly loose fitting .
with a pre leaving home dose of Norwegian formula hand cream ,hands stayed reasonably warm ,the simms hand possibly slightly warmer ,then they are ten years younger .
Just cant get on with the neoprene ones ,never felt good on me , so as not to be brandist , i have been happy with some snobee fingerless fleece ones but the Orvis and simms being loose fitting seem to have the edge .

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com