Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

John Reid

Re: Outcasts 'highland fling' 2011.... read on!
« Reply #45 on: 30/12/2010 at 16:59 »
Is there room for a wee fella in the corner of a tent Hamish?

I will be driving from Glasgow so can fill the motor with bodies on the way up

Hamish Young

« Reply #46 on: 30/12/2010 at 18:09 »
Jim - I reckon that in addition to my car and the wifes we can get another 4 safely/easily.

John - I'll put my tent up which means you get dibs on the airbed :wink that leaves a spare bedroom in the tent.

:z3

Noel Kelly

« Reply #47 on: 30/12/2010 at 18:37 »
Hi Guys those dates sound good. Fishing wise Im up for whatever is good at that time. Happy to camp, got my own camping gear so as long as there is a patch of grass Im sorted :z4
 :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #48 on: 30/12/2010 at 19:09 »
I'll share the tent with Johnr if thats OK

:z18

Jim

John Reid

« Reply #49 on: 31/12/2010 at 14:15 »
Magic Hamish.  :cool:

Just need to lay of the beans Jim or we could do a remake of Blazing Saddles  :z4

Allan Liddle

« Reply #50 on: 31/12/2010 at 19:50 »
Ach you've no sense of adventure John, Hamish is famed for his barbequed sprouts and pickled onions.  we could add a few roll mop herrings and Guinness's.  Should at least keep the midges away? :grin

That time of year should be good for the dry sedges on the lochs, and possibly even late mayflees if we pick the right waters.

Allan

Hamish Young

« Reply #51 on: 04/01/2011 at 17:34 »
I will be driving from Glasgow so can fill the motor with bodies on the way up

John - I'd have thought the quickest way up is for you to head up to Fort William and come up that way :z17 or maybe catch a train and get picked up in Inverness :?

Ach you've no sense of adventure John, Hamish is famed for his barbequed sprouts and pickled onions.  we could add a few roll mop herrings and Guinness's.  Should at least keep the midges away? :grin

Midgies I can deal with.... it's those bastarding clegs that do me in :z10
That suggested diet means you shouldn't have any propulsion issues in a float tube Allan  :z7

That time of year should be good for the dry sedges on the lochs, and possibly even late mayflees if we pick the right waters.

I have two lochs in mind and some river fishing for those who fancy it :wink

John Reid

« Reply #52 on: 04/01/2011 at 18:20 »
Good shout Hamish.  Fort William will be the best option and I will bring the car as I don't fancy lugging all my stuff up on the train.

I hate clegs as well and i really don't care for midgies either but 'skin so soft' works for me.

Really looking forward to chasing the troots again this year

Broontroot

« Reply #53 on: 04/01/2011 at 22:56 »
Depending on dates i wouldnt mind attending :z16

Allan Liddle

« Reply #54 on: 13/06/2011 at 13:30 »
Sorry Guys but family commitments so will have to pull out this one.

Hamish Young

« Reply #55 on: 24/06/2011 at 09:39 »
Sorry to hear that Allan.

Will be updating this thread a smidgen after this coming weekend.

Hamish Young

« Reply #56 on: 05/07/2011 at 11:50 »
Right......
Time for an update which is long overdue.
It seems our wee gathering clashes with the Belladrum music festival. I know this as I had promised Rachel we would go this year and am now trying to earn major brownie points / earning forgiveness as I'll be fishing instead. This festival running means it will be busy everywhere and alternate camping grounds might be limited.

So, let's revisit the list and see who is coming and who is not so I can get things finalised at my end.
At the last count for the inaugural Highland Fling we provisionally had:

Mike B
Ben D
Sandy (& maybe Daniel)
Jim
Kevin Muir
Peter
Irvine
Iain
Noel
John

That's 14 by my count including me so I really can't open it up to any more folks staying at our gaff, sorry  :z10
With my 'man tent' up in the garden there is possibly room for three more smaller tents. Although less than ideal I do have space in the steading for anyone who doesn't have a tent and doesn't mind roughing it a smidgen.
Mike, Sandy, Daniel and Ben have 'dibs' on the inside rooms in the house as they got in there first :wink
Providing no-one parks like an arse then there's room for 5 or 6 cars around the house. It would be better yet if we indulged in some car-sharing.

So, can I ask all on the list to say 100% yes or no ASAP please. That'll allow me to work things out at my end.
I'll be block booking some fishing, so please PM me with what you'd like to do. I do have a plan, but what suits me might not suit all.

Nearer the time, I'll ping PMs to those attending with directions...... hint - don't follow Ben  :z7

H  :z3

PS - Those in bold are confirmed.
PPS - Those in italics are a maybe.

Irvine Ross

« Reply #57 on: 05/07/2011 at 13:37 »
Hamish

That's  YES for me and I have my own wee tent. Any kind of fishing that doesn't involve a float tube will be fine.

As I will be starting from Dinnet and going over the Lecht I am a bit out on a limb for car sharing.

Irvine

Hamish Young

« Reply #58 on: 07/07/2011 at 20:46 »
I'll be updating this list as I get replies, the list of those confirmed as attending so far:

Mike B
Ben D
Sandy (& Daniel)
Kevin Muir
Peter
Irvine
Iain
Noel
Stuart
John

If I can persuade those still to get in touch to drop me a PM fairly quickly please - I'll need to start booking water soon.

Hamish Young

« Reply #59 on: 17/07/2011 at 11:14 »
BUMP
Can Iain (goolager) and Stuart (pbibo) get in touch please, need to get this nailed down.
I'm off to the CLA next week, I'd like to be sorted re. numbers when I come back :z17

Cheers guys :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com