Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Outcasts 'highland fling' 2011.... read on!
« on: 12/11/2010 at 18:34 »
Right.... Mr B, Ben and I were chatting at the last 'Outcasts' event about the potential for a 'Highland Fling' in the same vein as the old 'grand days out' somewhere in the Highlands next season.

Possibly near Tomich.... but equally possible based from my place near Kiltarlity.
It all depends on numbers.....

The idea is just to have a fun 2-3 days (maybe four for some :?) enjoying each others company in some loch.... and maybe river  :wink ..... fishing in the Highlands. Few beers. Bit of fly-tying. Doubtless a casting shootout somewhere odd with something daft at an inappropriate time in the wee small hours.....

If you'd be interested in a forum 'outcasts' trip then I'll start looking into the practicalities.
Once we've got an idea of numbers I'll look at costings - we don't want it to break the bank :!

Time of year - it may have to be mid-May. Bit early for some waters, but I'm a greedy sod and I want to go.... June is out for me unless it's towards the end of the month when I turn *** ahem *** 40  :shock

NB - The poll may change from time to time as things start to work out.

PS - Posted in Outcasts as I reckon the folk who make it to Outcast gatherings are the most likely to participate  :wink

:z3

Mike Barrio

Re: Outcasts 'highland fling' 2011.... read on!
« Reply #1 on: 12/11/2010 at 18:40 »
Count me in Hamish :z16

Cheers
Mike

Peter McCallum

« Reply #2 on: 12/11/2010 at 19:03 »
Count me in too Hamish - providing I'm back in rude health by then :shock

Peter

p.s. try to find somewhere to tube please :grin :grin

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 12/11/2010 at 19:14 »
Would have to be early May for me, Sexyloops do is middle of May (14th & 15th plus a few days either side) and away to Mexico on 20th until end of the month.

Please find somewhere non tubeable with running water for me, bloody rubber rings  :z4

Cheers

Ben

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 12/11/2010 at 19:15 »
Yeah at last a poll, we need more of these. I have voted maybe.... Love the sound of it but my work situation for next year is all up in the air. This may mean having to move abroad (again)so cant plan for anything after feb at the moment :z10

Kev Danby

« Reply #5 on: 12/11/2010 at 19:30 »
I used to drown maggots and it is my bag.

Would be up for it but dates need to be firmed up as May (around 23rd) is when I go to the Lochy.

So maybe for me

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #6 on: 12/11/2010 at 20:05 »
Its a maybe from me also as it depends whether I am at home or oversees.  I work a set rotation so as soon as a date is confirmed I'll know.

:z18

Steven

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 12/11/2010 at 20:57 »
Aye sounds like a plan , count me in  :z16

:z18

Jim

Matt Henderson

« Reply #8 on: 12/11/2010 at 21:26 »
I would love to go but in reality I'll have to beg permission! Also it's her birthday in May. We'll see!

John Reid

« Reply #9 on: 12/11/2010 at 21:31 »
Sounds wicked.  :z16

Count me in if early May as I am away to Lewis at the end of May for a weeks fishing.

Would be good to see Ben in a tube.  Don't worry fella, I will get you a set of water wings  :grin

If anyone fancies camping at the waterside I have a couple of tents!

Stuart Smith

« Reply #10 on: 12/11/2010 at 21:44 »
im in defo

if you need help finding a place that can take the numbers let me know and i will look around

looking forward to it already

stuart :grin

Kevin Muir

« Reply #11 on: 12/11/2010 at 21:50 »
Hi Hamish

Count me in.

I have a spare tube and a large roll of "Duct Tape" to make sure Ben can't wriggle his way out of the tube and bank fish the loch.

Should be a great weekend.

Kev.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 12/11/2010 at 21:56 »
Hi Hamish :z16

"Towards the end of June" ....... might be better as most of us will attend the Loops Gathering in mid May?

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #13 on: 12/11/2010 at 22:15 »
Dates - to suit. No point in making anything fixed as yet, oodles of time ahead.
My wedding anniversary (10 years - that decade went quick  :shock) at the beginning of June so mid-late June best for me - barring anything else cropping up.
But we have time to plan - which is nice  :wink

:z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 12/11/2010 at 22:20 »
Excellent, oodles is good :z16

Was 25 years for us this year - that went quick too! :cool:

Great stuff Hamish
Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com