Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Montrose salmon netting
« on: 12/11/2010 at 18:02 »
Just had a quick squint at the FF&FT website and saw this:
http://www.flyfishing-and-flytying.co.uk/news/view/Montrose_salmon_nets_get_eu_grant/
Not good news, not good at all  :z10

:z3

Jim Eddie

Re: Montrose salmon netting
« Reply #1 on: 12/11/2010 at 18:12 »
Taxpayers money should be used to buy out the nets, not make them more efficient  :mad

:z18

Jim

Matt Henderson

« Reply #2 on: 12/11/2010 at 18:18 »
I can't understand it. Whilst I can understand that their business is struggling but I can't understand why they are subsidising something that is harming the numbers of fish!

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 12/11/2010 at 18:50 »
I had a couple of 'choice' metaphors that I felt necessary to share with the other occupants of the house (cats.... she who must be obeyed isn't home yet) when I read that report; there are some industries that need to be allowed to 'pass on' and coastal salmon (and it's not just salmon) netting is one of them.
I don't have an issue with haaf netting, but this is just plain stupid  :roll

:z3

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 12/11/2010 at 19:22 »
Ridiculous, however I had heard rumours of this a while back.  I notice that potential sufference to the Don is not mentioned by any of the objectors so far.

Think we should all wite to our local MP's and request that it is put to that smug ill informed biggot Salmond in parliament. 

Ben

John Reid

« Reply #5 on: 12/11/2010 at 21:37 »
Ridiculous, however I had heard rumours of this a while back.  I notice that potential sufference to the Don is not mentioned by any of the objectors so far.

Think we should all wite to our local MP's and request that it is put to that smug ill informed biggot Salmond in parliament. 

Ben

I am up for that.  I don't have any contact on the Don trust but I will speak to my friends on the Dee board to see what there plan is and also some folk in the Macaulay institute who may be able to help.

tie-fly

« Reply #6 on: 01/01/2011 at 14:54 »
  I was shocked at this,i have let lots of fish go, for what . NOT GOOD.I wish, for the fishing to get better not worse ,they are  not thinking i will not vote for the IDIOT ever :mad : .I hope there is a plan to stop this? :z8

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com