Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Adam

Very cold very quick
« on: 21/10/2010 at 03:04 »
Hi guys,

I know it's normal for the weather to start getting cold about now, but does anyone else think it has got very cold very quickly this year or is it just me?

I stay down edinburgh way, and I've noticed especially when out fishing that the temperature just now feels more like it usually does a couple of weeks into november! I guess it must be freezing up where you lot are!

In regard to Salmon fishing does this maybe mean we should be going bigger in fly size and fishing deeper ? Ie- spring fishing tactics, or does it not work quite like that when we are on this side of the summer? I'm new to Salmon fishing, so thought I'd see what others opinions are on this?

Cheers

Adam

Jim Eddie

Re: Very cold very quick
« Reply #1 on: 21/10/2010 at 06:29 »
Well if this report from Russia is to be believed (and I take most of these things with a pinch of salt) we are in for the worst winter in 1000 years  :shock

http://www.science20.com/cool-links/russia_coldest_winter_1000_years_its_way

:z18

Jim

Peter McCallum

« Reply #2 on: 21/10/2010 at 08:33 »
Brrrrrrrr Stuart will be getting plenty of enquiries from brass monkeys needing some welding over the next few weeks by the feel of things.

Stuart Smith

« Reply #3 on: 21/10/2010 at 19:59 »
i dont understand peter but just because i do welding doesnt mean i like it :z7

stuart

Barry Robertson

« Reply #4 on: 24/10/2010 at 21:19 »
Think winter has arrived  :z6
Sleet falling oot here on the rig and its freezing outside, my office is pretty warm though  :z4
Ach well looks like it will be a long winter on the vice  :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 24/10/2010 at 21:43 »
Hi Baz :z16

Whereabouts is the rig? It was fairly cold here today, around 2 to 4 degrees and the gritters are out tonight.

Cheers
Mike

Barry Robertson

« Reply #6 on: 24/10/2010 at 22:01 »
Mike,

The rig is in the Moray firth and i can see Helmsdale and alot of the coat line from here!

:z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 24/10/2010 at 22:07 »
Ah right, you're just up the road then :z4
Have fun on the vice :z16

Cheers
Mike

Matt Henderson

« Reply #8 on: 25/10/2010 at 07:38 »
Scraped the car this morning! First drive to work with my hat on!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com