Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Roll Casting
« on: 20/10/2010 at 18:36 »
Some pretty impessive roll casting , not sure how they get the line to stand out so well on the clip

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UFDPIn0L0Uw&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed  :z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

Re: Roll Casting
« Reply #1 on: 20/10/2010 at 19:58 »
Seen this somewhere before Jim - very impressive (to us mortals) :z16

Iain

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 20/10/2010 at 23:04 »
.... not sure how they get the line to stand out so well on the clip

I wonder if it's a Loop line - looks a bit like one of the Opti range  :?
Or possibly a Guideline Force. I'm not sure..... an instructing line maybe  :z17
Or none of these  :z7
Ben..................  :wink

:z3

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 20/10/2010 at 23:21 »
Hi guys :cool:

This is Carl's work again, this time the "Casts That Catch Fish" DVD from www.ontheflydvds.com ..... Available soon and very much on my shopping list :wink

If this DVD is anything like their previous work ( think "Once in a Blue Moon" ) it will be one to buy!  :z16

I think the line was an SA Expert Distance :wink

Cheers
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 21/10/2010 at 00:11 »
I think the line was an SA Expert Distance :wink

Cheers
Mike

I think you're right!!

Not the worlds best roll casting line either, the casting is pretty good, very smooth  :z16

Peter McCallum

« Reply #5 on: 21/10/2010 at 08:31 »
Hey there are some excellent videos from the same guy on casting fishing & fly tying including some from our old friend Bob Wyatt (God bless 'im)

Matt Henderson

« Reply #6 on: 28/10/2010 at 19:32 »
the mrs is out so I've just had a look at this.  I've just seen what I need to practise on over the winter! 

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 01/11/2010 at 08:43 »
Hi folks :cool:
The DVD has been available for a couple of days now, I've ordered my copy from Carl :z16

Follow the link in reply 2 to order yours and for the next 24 hrs you can use this coupon code in the checkout process to get 25% off ..... N3CTXRGAVX0F :wink

Cheers
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com