Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to August 22nd )
« on: 22/08/2010 at 23:15 »
Hi folks :cool:

A tad quieter at Haddo this week as I took a few less bookings over a couple of days, so I could get a bit of weed cutting done.

Hoppers, Daddies, CDCs, Chernobyl Ant, Klinks, Bibio, Micro Caddis, Sedge, Claret Bumble, Spiders, Crunchers, Buzzers and Damsels featured in the catch returns.

Iain "Goolager" tempted 20 odd fish up to 4 lb for his session, Derek "Monksmyre" had a dozen to 8 lb, Noel "An Chuileog" 12 up to 5 lb, Bob Alexander 11 to 5 lb, Wullie Milligan 10 to 10 lb, Iain Morgan 8 to 6 lb, Davie Fraser 8 to 6 lb, Jan Bowen 8 to 3 lb, Dave Batty 7 to 6 lb and John Reid netted 6 fish up to 8 lb.

Best wishes
Mike

Steven Kidd

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to August 22nd )
« Reply #1 on: 23/08/2010 at 15:57 »
Iain,

I was only joking about the Chernobyl ant!

I may have started a fly trend, that would be fun, lets see if we can get everyone in Aberdeen raving about using a Chernobyl Ant!!

Hahaha.......

Steven

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 23/08/2010 at 22:04 »
Steve,

you are a cad!   :shock  but a prophetic one  :wink

Myself and Noel had a great day - regularly switching flies after a few fish. Picking out fish between weedbeds on floating patterns was electric.
Thanks for the company Noel. :z16

Iain

Kevin Moss

« Reply #3 on: 25/08/2010 at 10:35 »
Good to see the boys from the Glen had a good day out Mike,they really enjoyed it.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 25/08/2010 at 12:16 »
Hi Kevin,

Pity it was so bright and quite hard fishing on the day, as I'd like to have seen the youngsters netting a few more fish ...... they did well last time they came down :cool:
They fish well for their age and their casting is very good indeed :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Kevin Moss

« Reply #5 on: 25/08/2010 at 20:47 »
Yes they are very good little anglers.I do enjoy watching them cast not bad for 10yr and 11 yr old old full line and rod length of backing in 2 casts .We spend alot of time with the youngsters but its great to see them enjoying it and keen to learn more.
They are some of the stars for the future and great they are from up here in the north of Scotland.

Hope we can see you soon.
take care
kevin

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com