Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Folks - for a new 'toy'  :cool:  I'm hunting out #3 wt fly lines (DT or more likely a WF) and one I have read next to nothing about, other than the information on Snowbees own website, is the Snowbee XS-DP.

Anyone tried one or got one :?:

I'm hopefully going to get my mitts on a couple of other lines to try out  :z3  but the Snowbee line intrigues me and possibly offers something the Partridge Dry and Delicate doesn't...... I dunno  :z6

Sandy Nelson

Snowbee XS-DP fly lines - anyone tried one/got one ?
« Reply #1 on: 20/01/2007 at 09:18 »
I was looking at that on paper the other day too.

I believe Magnus has tried the 5wt version and its pretty good, just have to watch FF&FT for a review.

I know the rod it's for,so wait and try the new addition to the Mallard range, it was designed on the rod's very similar cousin :wink:
They should be here soon.

Mind you i'd like to try the DP too, i reckon the my 5wt would love it.Nice pale olive colour too.

Sandy

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 20/01/2007 at 18:01 »
Unfortunately I've not used the line - just looked at the spec. & it does appear interesting.

I do however use Snowbee XS floaters on my 4 , 5 & 6 WT rods and would 100% endorse these - casts well & arguably the 'straightest' line I've ever used (garage is full of lines that didn't jive in one way or another).

If you do try it, I for one would be interested in your verdict.

Happy casting

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 21/01/2007 at 13:12 »
..... and then again where do you get one :?: No-one seems to list the XS-DP online  :shock:  I'll maybe email Snowbee  :idea:  see if they've got one for testing purposes  :wink:

Jim Eddie

Snowbee
« Reply #4 on: 21/01/2007 at 21:19 »
Hamish

You can buy them direct from the Snowbee site. You wont get then any cheaper anywhere else as they do not let people discount their lines, even on e-bay.

http://www.snowbee.co.uk/lines3.htm#1

:z18

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com