Yes too  :z7 :z7

Mike Barrio

Re: Iain & Noel
« Reply #3 on: 09/07/2010 at 00:00 »
Nice one!  :z4  :z4  :z4

Noel Kelly

« Reply #4 on: 09/07/2010 at 00:16 »
I Felt a bit under dressed though when I met Iain in his new fancy jacket. Fashion envy in the tall reeds that's a first for me :z4

Ben Dixon

« Reply #5 on: 09/07/2010 at 00:18 »
And.......

Didn't feel right for it tonight, breezy with a bit of a chill.  Couldn't see you anwhere but saw you parked up, had rods in the car but was not in a position to fish anyway.

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 09/07/2010 at 00:25 »
One of my pals just got back from fishing the river tonight and netted a couple of sea trout and some nice brownies on Silver Invicta :wink

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 09/07/2010 at 00:33 »
You were right, it was a strange night. Loads of fish rising and I mean loads but we both had real problems connecting. I'm thinking there must be a lot of rain on the way, or something. Another thing we noticed tonight was bigger sedges about than have seen this year. When I was getting geared up 2 of the river bailiffs pulled in for a chat. They had an interesting story to tell. Earlier this week while they were speaking to an angler at seatton park he hooked and landed a steelhead! One of them had a few pics on his phone.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #8 on: 09/07/2010 at 00:38 »
Mike that must be a tall tale. We all know that fish don't like winged wets nowadays. Next thing you will try and say is that he was fishing down and across pfff :roll

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 09/07/2010 at 00:42 »
Mike that must be a tall tale. We all know that fish don't like winged wets nowadays. Next thing you will try and say is that he was fishing down and across pfff :roll
:z4  :z4  :z4 ....... it has proved to be one of my most productive evening/dusk flies on the Don, especially when the sedge are about.

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #10 on: 09/07/2010 at 08:28 »
Earlier this week while they were speaking to an angler at seatton park he hooked and landed a steelhead! One of them had a few pics on his phone.

:z16 And not the first...

Noel Kelly

« Reply #11 on: 09/07/2010 at 08:38 »
:z16 And not the first...
Spill the beans Rob!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 09/07/2010 at 09:33 »
How do you know it is a steelhead and not just a rainbow trout guys?

Cheers
Mike

Steven Kidd

« Reply #13 on: 09/07/2010 at 09:49 »
Winged wets.......mmm.

Try a Cinammon Gold.........I caught two sea trout last night about 2lbers........and after playing both to the net, lost both at the net!! :shock

I have been out three nights this week, even caught two 1lb brown trout at the same time one on each flee!

Steven

Noel Kelly

« Reply #14 on: 09/07/2010 at 10:56 »
How do you know it is a steelhead and not just a rainbow trout guys?

Cheers
Mike

Mike, I don't know. Just going on what the guys said. It was only phone pics but to try and describe the fish it was very silver in colour and very deep. Looked quiet like a salmon to me.  The guy who showed me the pics was in no doubt as to what it was, maybe he has experience of them :z8
When I see him again I will ask him for the pics so we can all have a look. 

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com