Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Longest day?
« on: 22/06/2010 at 12:55 »
I think yesterday was the longest day of the year?

Seemed like a nice evening to be on the water ...... was anybody out there? How'd it go?

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

Re: Longest day?
« Reply #1 on: 22/06/2010 at 13:22 »
Hi Mike, yesterday sure was the longest day so in celebration I headed to the river stripped naked and commenced to fish :z4 Ok before the tackle comments start I'm joking...
Was asked at work yesterday to switch over to night shift for the week so meant the perfect opportunity for a late river session.
Was prepared to do an all nighter if it was worth it.
Had a few on drys and seen a few good fish rising which I failed to hook despite repeatedly attracting them :z10
One thing I learnt was I need a knot I can tie in the dark..
All seemed to go dead about midnight and after an hour of inactivity I had enough and went home to bed.

Steven Kidd

« Reply #2 on: 22/06/2010 at 13:37 »
Hi all,

It certainly was a long day, one that ended with me falling over and ending up in A&E till 4am.

I was fishing the Lower Parkhill Beat on the Don and fell and dislocated my knee :cry......well I am just glad it was the knee and not ma rod! :wink

Be safe out there in the dark!

Steven

Alex Burnett

« Reply #3 on: 22/06/2010 at 13:58 »
One thing I learnt was I need a knot I can tie in the dark..

Noel

You need to perfect that knot that Korrie showed us, works a treat once you get a bit of practice in  :z5 :wink :z5

Alex

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 22/06/2010 at 15:33 »
Hi Mike,

yes it surely was and see my post in the River Don section for details

Iain
 :z16

emerger

« Reply #5 on: 22/06/2010 at 15:54 »
Yes it was a long day... Last week I could set my watch for the main rise. Last night they were a 1/2 hour or so later. I had quite a few 1lbers and a couple between 2-3lbs

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 22/06/2010 at 16:15 »
Steve, sorry to hear about your knee  :cry - that's what happens when you drop a cannon like a 5wt on your leg :grin

Does that mean you will actually get more fishing in now?

all the best

Iain

Noel Kelly

« Reply #7 on: 22/06/2010 at 17:02 »
Nightmare Steve hope you recover quickly.
Alex I was cursing myself last night I had not got that very knot. Will put that right.

paavo

« Reply #8 on: 22/06/2010 at 20:37 »
Itīs midsummer on Friday. It starts at lunchtime with new potatoes, pickled herring, sour cream, chive and a pint of lager. Barbecue at the evening with a glas of red.  :z18

On Saturday itīs loch fishing, with my new flyline.  :z16
//Harri

Steven Kidd

« Reply #9 on: 23/06/2010 at 23:30 »

Does that mean you will actually get more fishing in now?

Iain
[/quote]

Hi Iain,

It was good to bump into you the other night, unfortunately the knee is sare am limping along though, should be back out on the river by Friday!.........Should meet for a trip sometime soon somewhere

Steven

gunner100

« Reply #10 on: 26/06/2010 at 21:05 »
Aye, the nights are fair drawing  in :z4 now!  Will soon be midwinter.

Lyall

Noel Kelly

« Reply #11 on: 27/06/2010 at 00:20 »
Lyall stop that! :z4

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com