Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

ColinC

Who's out fishing this weekend?
« on: 08/06/2010 at 20:32 »
Hi All,
          Just wondering who is out fishing this weekend. Ive got a new rod, some badly attempted tied flies, just waiting for my fly line to be delivered then I might head up to haddo for my first outing of the season at the weekend(weather pending ofcourse  :z4).

Think I will tie some buzzers because they look easy to do.Got bloodworms and some random made up ones.

Chiz

Re: Who's out fishing this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: 09/06/2010 at 16:19 »
I plan on going out this weekend.

I managed to buy a pack of 50 flies (which i'm assuming were made in-house as a lot of them look SHODY!), but i'm desperate to try them out, and like you to play with my new gear!!

Not sure where i'm headed yet though :(

Cameron deBoth

« Reply #2 on: 10/06/2010 at 23:48 »
Taking my bro to Haddo tomorrow after work, cant wait. Hope the weather hold ok.

Barry Robertson

« Reply #3 on: 11/06/2010 at 11:06 »
I have been on menteith twice this week and lintrathen also twice!
Lintrathen is fishing its head off the now and i highly recomend it for a day out or an evening session  :z18

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 11/06/2010 at 12:10 »
I had a beat on the Don booked for yesterday evening but what with water height and weather we cancelled and headed for GlenTanar.

Hard going in the cold, still air, not a ripple to be seen. Managed to raise three fish to a Shipmans, missed one, broke off on one  :cry :oops and landed one. Nice sized rainbow.

Ian managed to out do me by catching a Brownie...!!! or so he says! Caught before i got there ;)

Very few fish moving despite quite a good hatch of those flyey things. Ian assured me they were Olives :) I thought they were flies..lol

Matt Henderson

« Reply #5 on: 11/06/2010 at 16:29 »
Been on the don today near alford. Hatches were amazing to see, the rises were non existent. Lost two fish and landed two trout just big enough to make fish fingers from!

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 11/06/2010 at 17:55 »
Half an hour on the still coloured don today. Loads of fly life and a lot of small trout rising. Caught a few of these which was fun but I decided to try for something bigger.
Next trout was a 5lbs rainbow.................................................................................

from Lochter  :z4
Fish were coming quickly on buzzers but after falling asleep for the 5th time from boredom I changed to drys. Had a few more on drys which was excellent fun. Lochter is very good at the moment, quality hard fighting fully finned fish and the water is very clear.
I had spoken with a guy at the hut who had a brand new sonik rod and vision koma reel pulled of the bank and into the depths in the morning. His first day using it :shock
Walking the bank looking for rising fish I spotted it with fish still attached, turned out to be a 3lb+ beautiful wild brownie that was hooked through the top of its head ???
Was good to reunite the guy with his gear and release the poor fish which still fought like a demon when I grabbed the rod :grin
All in all a great day.

ColinC

« Reply #7 on: 11/06/2010 at 18:38 »
h still attached, turned out to be a 3lb+ beautiful wild brownie that was hooked through the top of its head ???
Was good to reunite the guy with his gear and release the poor fish which still fought like a demon when I grabbed the rod :grin
All in all a great day.

What a save, I bet the guy was happy to get his rod back.

simonc

« Reply #8 on: 11/06/2010 at 20:03 »
Well done on getting his rod back. I was there today when it happened,  i was fishing by the pipe (left pond) in front of the bothy and he was over to the right of me. Just heard an almighty splash, then looked up to realise that the bloke had laid his second rod on the bank with the fly just in the water and the fish took it. Went over to see him and he said it was a brand new rod, oops. I think that will be a lesson learned, but its so easy done.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #9 on: 11/06/2010 at 20:14 »
Was the same area I found it. Did I see you today? Spoke to quiet a few. I was wearing waders for some reason and a cammo boonie hat.
It is easily done, even after all that I still left mine down once or twice today to roll a smoke. While watching it in ninja mode of course :z4

Chiz

« Reply #10 on: 14/06/2010 at 09:58 »
I was fishing Lochters this weekend and had my most productive outting yet. 6 fish, ranging from 2 - 4lbs kept me occupied.

It was good and met a nice chap who gave me 2 free flies, 1 of them i caught my 4lbs Rainbow with  :z16.

Another guy there apparently caught a 14lbs Rainbow, and another gentleman across from me latched onto a beautiful 3lbs Brownie.

Consistent rain from 4pm - 6pm made me decide to wrap it up, as i had a taxi > train > taxi to catch, and i was already completely soaked through  :cry

Still, fantastic day overall.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com