Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to January 15th )
« on: 15/01/2007 at 22:53 »
Hi folks  :z16

It was certainly not the most comfortable of weather for fishing this week, but the trout appeared to enjoy the conditions and damsels, cats, buzzers, bloodworm and woven nymphs produced some great sport to the boats.

Lloyd Rattray tempted 16 fish up to 10 lb for his session, Keith Crocket 10 up to 4 lb, Bill Main had a cracking 4 hours with 31 up to 12 lb, Denis Brown netted 11 fish including 2 of approx 10 lb, Sandy Reid had 7 up to 12 lb, Jim Adie 7 up to 8½ lb, Fred McAlley 15 up to 8 lb, Mike Livingstone 8 up to 12 lb, John Chalmers 14 up to 8 lb, Stephen Rankin 10 up to 4½ lb, Jim Finnie 13 up to 10 lb, Mathew Reilly 10 up to 5 lb and Hugh Baxter 10 fish, including one of 12 lb and another of approx 14 lb.

George Murphy netted a nice 10½ lb rainbow, Sandy Nelson also tempted a good fish of approx 11 lb on his trusty Red Hook and junior angler Jay Scott christened his new 4wt rod with a 5 pounder, well done Jay!

(below) Jim Adie playing his fish, while Sandy Reid releases a cracker

(below) Jay christens his new 4wt ......... well done!

(below) Mark Jones and Mike Livingstone

(below) Nice fish Mike!

(below) Denis Brown netted 11 fish and at least that many "dropped off"

(below) Lloyd Rattray finds another nice fish under the willow

Would be grand to get another week like this!  :cool:
Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #1 on: 16/01/2007 at 18:18 »
Hi folks

Re: Would be grand to get another week like this!  :cool:

Me and my big mouth  :mad:

My day started off "pear shaped" with a sore back that meant I could hardly walk .......... followed up by my fish not wanting to play  :z6

Three anglers out on the water, Henry managed 5 fish, another angler 1 fish and the other one blanked.

And then the water started to ice up too  :shock:

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :!:
Where's my dram?
Mike

Jim Eddie

Weather
« Reply #2 on: 16/01/2007 at 19:58 »
Sorry Mike

Dont want to be a messenger of doom  :sad: , but the wind is due to come in from the Arctic bringing a chance of snow for the East Coast.

Next week dry and frosty  :cry:

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 16/01/2007 at 20:24 »
Oh well  :z6

What do you think about this being related Jim, the fish were certainly harder to catch today ......... could they be sensing the change of weather, different air pressure etc?

Mike
 :z2

sightbob

« Reply #4 on: 16/01/2007 at 20:54 »
fish at delgatie weren't playing today either mike, guess it's something in the air!! up to today it had been fishing very well.

« Reply #5 on: 16/01/2007 at 20:58 »
same at pitfour today

ice starting to form this afternoon

andrew

Jay Scott

« Reply #6 on: 16/01/2007 at 21:03 »
DAM! hope it's not going to ruin Sunday's fishing, i was looking forward to catching a second fish on my 4wt  :cry:

Jay

Hamish Young

« Reply #7 on: 16/01/2007 at 22:05 »
Big change in air pressure today folks  :wink:  With some 'big' weather to come from the Atlantic in the coming week, the forecasts make entertaining reading  :shock:
Sorry  :oops:

Jim Eddie

Weather
« Reply #8 on: 17/01/2007 at 08:03 »
Quote from: "Mike Barrio"
Oh well  :z6

What do you think about this being related Jim, the fish were certainly harder to catch today ......... could they be sensing the change of weather, different air pressure etc?

Mike
 :z2

Absolutely Mike , I am convinced that changes in pressure have a big impact. "when the winds in the East the fish feed least"  

Cheers

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 17/01/2007 at 17:58 »
Please note that I might not be able to open Haddo tomorrow (Thursday) as this sore back problem is getting a tad painful :mad:  :cry:

Will see how I feel in the morning, so please give me a phone on 07810 868897 before travelling over to fish.

Mike Barrio

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com