Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Leven Sunday 06-06-2010
« on: 07/06/2010 at 19:40 »
David and I had a club outing to Leven Sunday, Its about a 5 hour round trip from Peterhead so not a Loch I'm going to fish that often , but as the home of Scottish trout fishing, its worth  an annual trip.

For those who have never fished it, its a large body of water (3600 acres) so can be daunting.The boats are 1 st class ( you'll be familiar with them if youve fished Haddo  :z4 The outboards are also 1st class. Ony 12 boats on the Loch now so you'll have plenty room.

Conditions were almost ideal on Sunday, overcast , a nice breeze and not that cold. We had some good advice from Baz , fish buzzzers, we took this advice and started off with a team of Buzzers, the water was like a soup of big buzzer shucks.

It was not to be however, as if we'd had two more fish we would have  had a brace  :z4 changed to wets , pulled some lures but no joys , no fiah moving the whole day, we did see a couple of fish caught from the other boats in the last 1/2 hour before we had to head back up the road.

Still i think we both enjoyed the day , its a pleasure to be on such a historic water fishing traditional Scottish loch style.

:z18

Jim         

Noel Kelly

Re: Leven Sunday 06-06-2010
« Reply #1 on: 07/06/2010 at 20:29 »
Nice pics Jim, shame no fish would be great to hit it when its on. I have fished it once three of us in the boat covering all depths and styles we could think of and not a fish between us. Next time eh :z4

Jim Doyle

Re: Leven Sunday 06-06-2010
« Reply #2 on: 07/06/2010 at 21:54 »
The secret is to anchor up.   The fish were taking buzzers if they were dead slow or stopped.  The way they have been feeding it could not go on much longer. The re have been fish feeding all over the southern half of the loch. Sorry if this info is a bit late, if you want to try another day give me a shout and I,ll try and join you.  jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com