Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Rescobie
« on: 02/05/2010 at 19:28 »
Just back from our annual club outing to Resboie loch , for those that have never fiahed it Rescobie is a couple of miles east of Forfar on the B road to Montrose.
Its a decent size loch about a mile long by 1/2 a mile wide, there is a good boat house with very stable fibreglass boats , you can also hire an electric outboard which is handy. You can also bank fish it.

You are best to fish it before the height of the summer as it suffers from algal blooms, it is stocked with Rainbows and has a goos head of Browns and is also stocked with Browns, it also holds a good head of Pike, its not  deep loch with an average depth of 8 feet so trout can be caught all over.

There had been some big Browns up to almost 10lb coming off lately so we had high expectations , I shared a boat with David from the forum. It was a starnge day , swallows working the loch the whole day , lots of buzzers coming off, but the fish were not interested only saw the odd rise the whole day, started off with a buzzer line, but with no success changed to a sink tip with a Black Pennel on the point one of Davids snatchers on the dropper. It was a decent day but bloody baltic when the wind blew, we had to work for the fish but ended up with 7 to the boat which for a tough day was most enjpyable, I had a decnt brown abouyt the 2lb mark on Davids snatcher.

http://www.rescobieloch.co.uk/

:z18

Jim       

Barry Robertson

Re: Rescobie
« Reply #1 on: 02/05/2010 at 19:38 »
Good stuff Jim  :z18
Shame it didnt fish its heed off for you but at least you got fish  :wink
Where did most of your fish come from  :wink
Bet it was warmer than Frandy , Brrrr it was cold there today  :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 02/05/2010 at 22:09 »
Just about all of the fish came from Drimmie Baz  :z15

Jim

David

« Reply #3 on: 04/05/2010 at 21:56 »

Jedi Jim with his brownie.  :z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #4 on: 04/05/2010 at 22:14 »
That a fine wee brownie Jim,
I see you got the hang of yer camera David  :wink

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 04/05/2010 at 22:16 »
Nice fish Jim :z16 nice tangled mess of a leader as well :z4

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 04/05/2010 at 22:35 »
Nice fish Jim  :z16
Great impression of the Rev, I. M. Jolly :z16

:z7

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #7 on: 05/05/2010 at 06:23 »
Thanks guys  :z4 you can go off people you know  :z4

Jim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com