Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Gus

Escaping with (from) the family at Haddo
« on: 05/04/2010 at 17:33 »
Hi Folks,

Having been working abroad for the past 2 years, I fancy making a return trip to Haddo now I'm back in Doricshire. Only thing is I now have a much larger family than when I left  :shock and they need entertained if I'm to get any fishing done  :z6.

Is it possible to walk through to Haddo House from the fishery car-park pushing a pram :? May keep the little 'uns amused for an hour or two.

If anyone is heading Stavanger way in future and wants to fish, drop me a note as I may have some useful pointers on where to go.
Thanks,

Gus

Jim Eddie

Re: Escaping with (from) the family at Haddo
« Reply #1 on: 05/04/2010 at 19:05 »
Gus

Yes you can , walk along the track directly to Haddo House, I've done it with my mrs , if its one of those new fangled 4wd prams you should be OK  :z13

Mike L on the forum is alo based in Stavanger, I used to spend a lot of time there to , was assigned to another project so have not been for a couple years though , never had time to fish when i was there.

:z18

Jim 

Gus

« Reply #2 on: 05/04/2010 at 23:45 »
Cheers Jim, I'll give it a try and test out the pram's offroading capability  :wink
 Mike's also been in touch, pity I hadn't posted sooner as getting the spots sussed out there can be tricky at first and there's not too many trout fly fishers around. 

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 06/04/2010 at 00:13 »
Hi Gus, good to hear from you :z16

Sorry, up until last autumn I would have said that the track down to Haddo House would have been ok for a sturdy pram, but it suffered a lot of damage in last years floods and I would not take my car down there now. I think it is only suitable for 4wd vehicles nowadays to be honest :z6

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com