Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

harpchr

intro
« on: 15/03/2010 at 18:20 »
Hi to alland welcome to a new season, :grin

just a wee hello as just joined after spending alot of time reading other folks antics. thank you all for the information you have given as this certainly helps a new guy to the sport.

ive been fishing for a few year, actually fished the Don when i was young mostly the black pot with a worm and float..to no avail mind you.. few wee trouts though so it kept me coming back.

been near on 15 years and decided to find a wee fly road and hit a couple of the fisheries close to where i am now(Longside), caught a few which was good and its bloomed from there.. not had any casting lessons yet but its on the plan.. i can cast a bit but the wind shows up my flaws for sure  :grin

also do a wee bit of sea fishing near by too just for the change and good winter fill in gap.

This year joined my local water the Ugie, looks a nice small streatch, been down a couple of times to run a worm through to see if any life but nothing showing. not sure on how good yet for they fly but i'll seek some local advise once they start to show up.

I work away 4 weeks Kazakhstan and 4 weeks at home so when home i can have some good day sessions when its quiet.

anyway, im goin along to Haddo after seeing all the good pics.. looks stunning maybay wed or thursday so if anyone is going then say hi if you spot someone wondering about looking for a wee fish.

take care
chris 

Barry Robertson

Re: intro
« Reply #1 on: 15/03/2010 at 18:28 »
Welcome to the forum chris, lots of good info on this site and plenty of friendly people will to share ideas and knowledge  :z16
Tighlines
Baz
 :z18

Iain Goolager

« Reply #2 on: 15/03/2010 at 21:22 »
Welcome Chris,

Let's hope you can winkle out some Ugie Troot this season :z16

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 16/03/2010 at 06:33 »
Welcome Chris , good luck on the Ugie. Say hello if you are ever up at Haddo.

:z18

Jim

Paul Rankine

« Reply #4 on: 16/03/2010 at 22:17 »
Hi Chris ,
               Welcome to the site.Good bunch of guys on here. Any help you need just ask.
Paul.

harpchr

« Reply #5 on: 17/03/2010 at 10:11 »
Thanks to all who replied,
ill let you know how the Ugie fishes for me as the season goes by.

tight lines

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com