Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Winter Olympics ..... not fishing but
« on: 27/02/2010 at 22:34 »
Hi folks :cool:

The Winter Olympics ..... not fishing, but it is so much fun to watch, great stuff :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Brian Brand

Re: Winter Olympics ..... not fishing but
« Reply #1 on: 27/02/2010 at 22:49 »
Just Great Mike, watching the 4 Men Bobsleigh at the moment, turn 13 catching out a lot of the bobsleighs, compulsive viewing, awesome :shock

Games have been great but late nights.

Bri

Ben Dixon

« Reply #2 on: 28/02/2010 at 00:53 »
Hi folks :cool:

The Winter Olympics ..... not fishing, but it is so much fun to watch, great stuff :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Yeah, been really good.  Something different and makes a weclome change to another semi realilty dancing / singing show.

Missed the bob tonight unfortunately but was watching when the girls 2 crashed out, where the hell do they practice that stuff?  Not seen it listed in the same place as "book a badminton court" on the Aberdenshire Council website.

Not a fan of the non winter Olympics at all or any sport on TV to be honest but, watching someone sliding head first down something that looks like a frozen waterslide on what appears to be little more than a tea tray is more than worth watching.

Cheers

Ben

Dutchfly

« Reply #3 on: 28/02/2010 at 09:21 »
The Winter Olympics are a great sportingevent! Traditionally Holland do well in speedskating but for the first time ever we won a medal in the snow. Sauerbrei won gold in women snowboarding  :z16.
I think the Icehockey endgame Canada-USA will be one to watch  :!

CU

Jeroen

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 28/02/2010 at 12:08 »
Yes, the snowboarding, the skicross, the bobsleigh ....... all great to watch and I stayed up to watch Canada win the curling last night too!

Cheers
Mike

Matt Henderson

« Reply #5 on: 28/02/2010 at 12:12 »
My better half is candian so we'll be watching the mens hockey final tonight.  I hope its as exciting as the skier cross was!

Dutchfly

« Reply #6 on: 28/02/2010 at 13:29 »
The only times we have curling on the tele in the Netherlands is during the Winter Olympics. I saw the womens final, Canada-Sweden, it was great!

Matt Henderson

« Reply #7 on: 28/02/2010 at 22:26 »
Fantastic ice hockey final tonight!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 28/02/2010 at 23:12 »
Awesome ...... well done Canada! :z16

But both teams were winners in what was a very entertaining game! :z12

Cheers
Mike

paavo

« Reply #9 on: 01/03/2010 at 09:09 »
It´s been a lot of hours with the telly, late evenings and early mornings. Mostly cross country skiing and ice hockey. What a hell of a game when Canada beats USA with 3-2, with a goal in overtime.  :z16
Now things goeas back to normal –shovel snow.  :mad

//Harri

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com