Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Matt Henderson

Ben is famous!
« on: 24/02/2010 at 11:05 »
I was lucky enough to get a subsription to Trout and Salmon for my christmas this year.  I was having a quick look through this months edition last night and Ben Dixon gets a mention!

Mike Barrio

Re: Ben is famous!
« Reply #1 on: 24/02/2010 at 23:56 »
Oh no ....... what's he done this time? :z4

Cheers
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #2 on: 25/02/2010 at 09:36 »
Ben gets a mention in Paul Procters article in this months T&S (in relation to March Browns being spotted on the Don in February), 'young' Ben Dixon I recall from the piece  :z7

:z3

Matt Henderson

« Reply #3 on: 25/02/2010 at 09:42 »
Ben gets a mention in Paul Procters article in this months T&S (in relation to March Browns being spotted on the Don in February), 'young' Ben Dixon I recall from the piece  :z7

:z3

I was just shocked he had called somebody to tell them that he had a rise.... (fnar fnar there's a joke in there for you Goolager)

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 25/02/2010 at 10:14 »
Matt,
you really need to get some fishing done.   :z15

Your brain's turning to slush  :z7

Are you braving the elements this weekend or are you making doilies? (not bothered if I haven't spelled that correctly as I'm a bloke) :z3

Iain

Matt Henderson

« Reply #5 on: 25/02/2010 at 11:21 »
Matt,
you really need to get some fishing done.   :z15

Your brain's turning to slush  :z7

Are you braving the elements this weekend or are you making doilies? (not bothered if I haven't spelled that correctly as I'm a bloke) :z3

Iain

actually I'm going to see a man about getting our wedding rings made.  Its all rock 'n roll in my house. However the 3wt is nearly finished so I'm hoping for either a trip to Haddo next friday or going to Sloans and getting my seasons ticket and having a few casts on the Don for silver tourists...

Iain Goolager

« Reply #6 on: 25/02/2010 at 11:54 »
the 3wt is nearly finished so I'm hoping for either a trip to Haddo next friday or going to Sloans and getting my seasons ticket and having a few casts on the Don for silver tourists...

3wt for Salmon? Have you a home made Skagit for it?  :z13

Iain

Bronzebommer

« Reply #7 on: 25/02/2010 at 12:55 »
I thought Ben was famous. :z3

Matt Henderson

« Reply #8 on: 25/02/2010 at 13:01 »
3wt for Salmon? Have you a home made Skagit for it?  :z13

Iain

for silver tourists I will be using the partridge.  I'll have to wait until march to get a shot of the 3wt on the Don. 

Irvine Ross

« Reply #9 on: 25/02/2010 at 17:41 »

for silver tourists I will be using the partridge.  I'll have to wait until march to get a shot of the 3wt on the Don. 

Matt

Better make that April or you will have the bailiffs on your tail.

Cheers
Irvine

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 25/02/2010 at 17:43 »
Matt

Cheers
Irvine

.......  :z4  :z4  :z4

Matt Henderson

« Reply #11 on: 25/02/2010 at 18:23 »
Matt

Cheers
Irvine

well spotted.....

Ben Dixon

« Reply #12 on: 25/02/2010 at 18:46 »
well spotted.....

Matt,

There are some beats that open from the 15th March, this is the legal opening date and it is up to the proprietor whether or not they open on the 15th or the 1st April.

Was out casting Sunday & Monday, there were a few stoneflies about and there was a few trout moving to them.  It was warm for a few hours both days in the sun but after the winter we have had I did not expect to see anything happening so soon.  Fished for salmon with Hamish last year about the same time at Inverurie and experienced the same, some big fish moving too.

Cheers

Ben

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com