Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Ice fishing
« on: 11/12/2009 at 19:59 »
With Haddo closed tomorrow I'll probably head up to Braeside. Of all the fisheries in aberdeenshire its the most likely to be open if others are iced up.

:z18

Jim

Iain Goolager

Re: Ice fishing
« Reply #1 on: 11/12/2009 at 20:34 »
Jim,

just my luck! been up to my proverbials or ill for a few weeks then I get the chance to fill in a few hours and this happens.

Will Braeside deffo be ice free? Might give it a go but would prefer somewhere closer to home. What's the script on other fisheries?? Anyone?

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:20 »
Hi Iain

I would think some of the deeper lochs would be OK, as they should hold out for a day or two longer than mine :wink

Lochter maybe?

Cheers
Mike

Iain Goolager

« Reply #3 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:22 »
Cheers Mike,

I've chores (and an SBS) to do over the weekend but want to give the new 2wt an outing (Apps under a sedgehog).

Iain

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:25 »
If you find somewhere, I'll maybe join you, I've got a wee "toy" from the far east to give a cast or two? :wink

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:27 »
Hmmm braeside, where would that be? Have been getting away with early sat morn fishing sessions without ruffling any female feathers so could be up for this in the morn. If I dont get 2 pished that is :z18

Noel Kelly

« Reply #6 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:27 »
Ah ha ha I feel a gathering about to break out

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:30 »
Aye ..... spontaneous gathering somewhere tomorrow ........ Where we going folks?  :z15

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #8 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:34 »
Aye ..... spontaneous gathering somewhere tomorrow ........ Where we going folks?  :z15

Cheers
Mike

Nah ...... it's gonna be too cold, can we not go to a pub gathering instead or something? :z4

Cheers
Mike

Noel Kelly

« Reply #9 on: 12/12/2009 at 13:02 »
Anyone go out then? Im nursing a hangover on the couch and watching Matt hayes.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #10 on: 12/12/2009 at 15:01 »
Hi Noel,

went along to Lochter for 4 hours which lasted 2 and an arf as it was a case of job done.

Fished the new 2wt set up and was delighted with it. Caught 4 Rainbows which was more than welcome on such a cold day. I didn't think the weather was too bad but the line iced up in the eyes on a few occasions.
I fished an Apps bloodworm (the mans dressing Callum) under a sedgehog.

The main loch was frozen, the second one was about half and half and the one over the road was apparently ice free.

View My Video

Anyone else?

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #11 on: 12/12/2009 at 16:38 »
Noel Braeside is just er..... up the Brae on your left as you come into Peterhead on the main Aberdeen road , give us a shout if you are going up any time.

I had a nice couple of hours up at Braeside , perfect winters day cold , still a bit of warmth in the sun , no ice at all at Btaeside , managed acouple of fish lost a few enjoyed it :z16

:z18

Jim 

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com