Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Ben Dixon

Re: Video Muck aboot
« Reply #15 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:44 »
Original Battenburg LA is a nice reel, regret getting rid of mine.  Much more like it Iain although the orange backing cheapens the look of it somewhat  :z4

Matt, I just tend not to comment if something Orvis comes up that is not my cup of tea, life is easier that way :wink

Not keen on the Demon reel although it is probably the best cartridge reel out there right now, serves a purpose but not a cartridge fan.  Don't like plastic shit stuck inside my reel.

Ben

Iain Goolager

« Reply #16 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:51 »
although the orange backing cheapens the look of it somewhat

Anything other than Hi Viz Orange or Yellow looks poor and should not be sold! :z4

Iain

Jim Eddie

« Reply #17 on: 11/12/2009 at 21:54 »
Jim, shall I send you a packet of blue tablets? 

Aye probably for the best Iain  :z12

:z18

Jim

Bronzebommer

« Reply #18 on: 11/12/2009 at 22:28 »
Dear Mr Bronzebommer No, No & No again
I've never tried the reel but wasn't there an article claiming that this reel was designed by Colin Cheap & Nigel  Nasty? :z7

Where did you see this quote? Everyone I have spoken to thinks it's great (or are they too ashamed to admit they spent that much money and don’t like it :z4). It's maybe a bit heavy, but I think that comes with the territory when it comes to cassette reels. Personaly I love it.

Matt

Bronzebommer

« Reply #19 on: 11/12/2009 at 22:29 »
Matt, I just tend not to comment if something Orvis comes up that is not my cup of tea, life is easier that way :wink

Ben

:z16

Iain Goolager

« Reply #20 on: 12/12/2009 at 08:35 »
Where did you see this quote?

couldn't possibly say Matt but I know that 76.53% of statistics are made up on the spot :z4

As you say - if you like something then it's great.

Iain

paavo

« Reply #21 on: 12/12/2009 at 13:00 »
Nice wee video, and the stretch of water looks nice too.  :z16
No comments of the reel.  :wink

//Harri

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com