Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Barrio Mallard WF3F fly line
« on: 03/12/2009 at 17:26 »
Hi folks :cool:

Just a quick note to let you know that the new Barrio Mallard WF3F profile fly line that I was researching and developing this year is now in stock and available online and at the fishery. This is a new addition to the existing Mallard range, which now covers WF3F through to WF8F.

Best wishes
Mike

Jim Eddie

Re: Barrio Mallard WF3F fly line
« Reply #1 on: 03/12/2009 at 17:30 »
Mike is this the distance line ?

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 03/12/2009 at 17:41 »
Mike is this the distance line ?

:z18

Jim
Hi Jim

No, this WF3F is an addition to the existing pale cream Mallard fly lines.

The new 140 ft distance line, which is called the "Barrio Outcast" will be launching soon ....... I'll post something on the forum as soon as the Outcast stock arrives :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Ben Dixon

« Reply #3 on: 03/12/2009 at 19:18 »
Hi folks :cool:
Just a quick note to let you know that the new Barrio Mallard WF3F profile fly line that I was researching and developing this year is now in stock and available online and at the fishery. This is a new addition to the existing Mallard range, which now covers WF3F through to WF8F.
Best wishes
Mike

:z12

Superb, will pick one up for next season, if it is anything ike the WF4F then it will fill a gap I have right now.  Is it cream or olive?

Let me know when the Outcast 140ft 3wt distance line is in stock Mike, I'll have one of those too  :z4

Cheers

Ben

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 03/12/2009 at 20:19 »
Hi Ben :z16

Yes, it is very much like the WF4F and is obviously in pale cream, I only do the DT lines in olive :wink

The Outcast will be available in WF5F - WF8F ...... a 3wt distance line might prove a bit of a challenge, even for me :z4

Cheers
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 04/12/2009 at 21:27 »
Did you stick with the bright orange colour for the Outcast Mike?

I think I will take a 5 outcast and a wf3..although if you have a 4 to try i would not mind having a cast with that firts on the 3 weight XP...

Cheers..and thanks for expanding the range!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 05/12/2009 at 01:05 »
Hi Rob

The Barrio Outcast fly line stock has not arrived yet, but should hopefully be available very soon. No, I didn't go for the bright orange colour, they will be more of a mellow yellow :wink

Yes of course, come over and try a WF3F and WF4F Mallard anytime you like.

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com