Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Nov 23rd )
« on: 23/11/2009 at 16:12 »
Hi folks :cool:

It's felt good to be back at the fishery after being off ill for a few days. The fishing is interesting at the moment, with some pretty major changes of tactics being an advantage throughout the day. The floating line is still king, but the sink tip and intermediate are starting to produce their fair share of fish too.

Fly patterns have been varied too, anglers have chosen to fish Damsels, Crunchers, Spiders, Fritz, Bloodworm, Buzzers, Hares Lugs, Mini Cats and dare I say it, even Blobs! :shock

It is always great to see the junior anglers doing well and this week, Tyler Hay had a cracking session netting 26 fish up to 6½ lb and young James Bruce had a good day learning and experimenting with different retrieves that produced his personal best catch of 8 fish up to 3 lb ....... Well done James!

As for the adults, Alex Burnett enjoyed a good session tempting 22 fish up to 11 lb, Jay Scott had 22 up to 9 lb, Ronnie Birnie 14 to 5 lb, Steve Corsar 14 to 3 lb, Scott Sim 12 to 3½ lb, Dave Mackay 11 to 4 lb, Jim Eddie 10 to 6 lb, Graham Hay 10 to 4 lb, Alan Birnie 10 to 3 lb and Michael Nicholson netted a nice 3½ lb brownie in his catch of 7 fish up to 6 lb.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

Re: Haddo Trout Fishery ( to Nov 23rd )
« Reply #1 on: 23/11/2009 at 16:58 »
Here are a few photos ..........

Best wishes
Mike

Jockmcsprock

« Reply #2 on: 26/11/2009 at 18:16 »
thankyou mike you have made a young boy very happy thanks pal i have to work on sat morning would it b ok to still come after work with james about 12.30  :grin

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 26/11/2009 at 18:30 »
thankyou mike you have made a young boy very happy thanks pal i have to work on sat morning would it b ok to still come after work with james about 12.30  :grin

Hi Michael
Always great to see the youngsters enjoying themselves :z16

Yes, no problem, see you at midday sometime .........

Best wishes
Mike

Bronzebommer

« Reply #4 on: 26/11/2009 at 18:51 »
Mike
Do you have any boats available for Sunday or Monday? I dont want to book now as I am not sure what day I want to come (or what day the bread knife will let me).

Matt

Mike Barrio

« Reply #5 on: 26/11/2009 at 18:57 »
Mike
Do you have any boats available for Sunday or Monday? I dont want to book now as I am not sure what day I want to come (or what day the bread knife will let me).

Matt

I probably will have Matt, this weekend and the next few weeks are usually a lot quieter than normal due to the Christmas shopping kicking in and the colder temps I guess :wink

Just give us a phone or send me a text on the usual 07810 868897 when a plan comes together :z3

Best wishes
Mike

ryan

« Reply #6 on: 26/11/2009 at 19:12 »
Hope to see you to on sunday mike me and mate will likely be up this week or next depends on weather and if he can get home from offshore find out soon give you a bell on saturday if we are it will be good to get up there again haddo is usually a treat me and my mate mike try and make once every 6 weeks but we havent been for at least 8 due to work commitments

Bronzebommer

« Reply #7 on: 26/11/2009 at 19:13 »
Cool. :z12

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com