Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

A wee video of our pet fish round the rig
« on: 04/11/2009 at 11:40 »
  I don't know if anybody will be interested but here is a wee video of the fish that hang around the rig I work on down here in sunny Nigeria!  Unfortunately its a semi submersable and they will not allow fishing :cry but they are well fed with the left overs from meal times (you can see them being fed in the footage) I have been trying for the last 2 years to get footage of the marlin that makes an appearance every now and again but to no avail so far!

:z18
Steven

Rob Brownfield

Re: A wee video of our pet fish round the rig
« Reply #1 on: 04/11/2009 at 11:53 »
Easy solution....a float tube ;)

Took me a while to realise why the camera at the start was swinging about...and I work with ROV's!!!  :oops

We used to fish off the gas platforms in Brunei. In those days fishing was fine as long as there where no divers about. We either trolled around them for Barrcuda and Jacks or fished under them for Snapper and BIG Grouper.

Can't you sneak a hand line out there? ;)

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 04/11/2009 at 12:07 »
  Rob please dont tempt me! :z7 believe it or not but I have actually had a fly rod onboard :z16 but it was only set up to give some casting tuition to a couple of american guys on board!  Yeah the movie was taken with a digital camera lashed to some trusty blue rope! :z3 We have considered taking down a couple of spinning outfits and going out for a blast on the FRC  :z4 but the oim's on board dont seem best pleased with this idea!  They used to allow fishing (before I had arrived) but its sister rig had line wrapped around the thrusters causing a fair amount of damage so it was all knocked on the head!  Iv even suggested just using a set length of line shorter than the distance to the thrusters but to no avail :cry

:z18
Steven

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 05/11/2009 at 23:42 »
Nice video Steven :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com