Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Michael Buchan

World Record Brown
« on: 31/10/2009 at 23:22 »
Just came accross this fish new potential world record brown 41+lb.  Cracking looking fish.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/58634057.html

just out of interest does anyone know the weight of the largest recorded Don trout taken?

Jim Eddie

Re: World Record Brown
« Reply #1 on: 01/11/2009 at 19:26 »
That is an awesome looking troot , very well proportioned for such a big fish.

:z18

Jim

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 01/11/2009 at 19:38 »
Did you see the comments on that page..."bet it will smoke up nice".  :z8 I guess thats just the way it goes.

Does anyone think the UK could do a fish that size?

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 01/11/2009 at 19:43 »
Not sure Rob , is the UK record from Loch Awe around the 30lb mark ?

Also yes I think its a shame these fish have to die to claim a record, saying that I think that large Browns are not in short supply in Lale Michigan.

:z18

Jim

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 01/11/2009 at 20:17 »
Not sure, I think the record is 32lb from Awe, wouldn't be at all surpised if that record gets broken, there must be bigger trout out there somewhere.  I know there are doubles in the Don, I know of one caught several years back by a salmon angler ealry season on the middle river, not sure how big they would / could get on the Don, we still know very little about Don trout.

Cheers

Ben

Jay Scott

« Reply #5 on: 01/11/2009 at 20:33 »

32lbs is a hell of a fish to beat, which i dont think will be acheived in wild fish stocks anyway. I think our view as anglers has to change before this can happen. Not talking fishermen from this forum but more around the West coast and Southern belt to which catching a large fish results in it being chapped.

Jay

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 01/11/2009 at 20:46 »
31lb 12oz to be exact ;) The chap that caught the fish from the Ferox 85 Group has lost bigger fish when hooks have been crushed by the fish!!

Would be nice to think we could take the world record from the Yanks ;)

Richard Tong

« Reply #7 on: 02/11/2009 at 14:47 »
I recall reading an old T & S Monthly Report from the 1970s which mentioned that the record form the Don at that time was 13lb but there was no more info other than that

Richard

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com