Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

stickleback

Prospects ?
« on: 25/10/2009 at 19:10 »
A mate and I plan to go fishing tomorrow on either the Don or Deveron.  Has anyone looked at either of these rivers today ?  The Fishdon river level page hasn't updated for a day for some reason  :z8.  Just wondering what the levels / clarity is like given the large amount of rain recently.   At this stage we're probably leaning towards the Deveron as we suspect it wasn't so badly affected by the rain ?

Cheers

Cammy

Noel Kelly

Re: Prospects ?
« Reply #1 on: 25/10/2009 at 19:30 »
The Don is still bursting its banks at Kintore today and quiet brown.

stickleback

« Reply #2 on: 25/10/2009 at 19:42 »
Thanks - I thought that might be the case with the Don.  Here's hoping the Deveron's a wee bit better.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #3 on: 25/10/2009 at 21:05 »
Cammy

Ugie and Ythan over the banks , I would give Frank at Turrif Trophies and Tackle a phone He'll know about the Deveron.
 :z18

Jim

stickleback

« Reply #4 on: 26/10/2009 at 17:15 »
I never managed to get a hold of Frank so headed up to Turra early doors.  My hopes about the Deveron being in better shape were dashed - at the bridge on the Fogie road, the water was up to the lip of the banks and manky.  A hot steak pie from one of the local bakers helped console me - the nice lady behind the counter even gave me some extra napkins to wipe away my tears  :z4 :z4

Ben Dixon

« Reply #5 on: 26/10/2009 at 18:53 »
Fished at Strathdon today, water was big and a bit coloured but not muddy.  Had a few good pulls but did not hook up with anything, wter was racing through a bit quick.  There's always tomorrow!!

Cheers

Ben

stickleback

« Reply #6 on: 26/10/2009 at 19:26 »
Fished at Strathdon today, water was big and a bit coloured but not muddy.  Had a few good pulls but did not hook up with anything, wter was racing through a bit quick.  There's always tomorrow!!

Cheers

Ben

Good luck if you make it 'cos I see there's yet more rain forecast from the afternoon through to Wednesday morning  :shock

I might be able to get out to play on Friday and if I do, I'm hoping it will be third time lucky with the conditions  :z4   If I were to make it onto the Don (I'm sitting at home stroking my rabbits foot with crossed fingers), has anyone any suggestions about which beat I'd have a chance of getting a reasonably priced ticket and connecting on - any suggestions via PM gratefully received.
 :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com