Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Paul Garrigan

Re: Plans for next season
« Reply #15 on: 21/10/2009 at 19:28 »
I have fished Tilbouries on the Dee this year and Willie Banks who is the ghillie there has been great with me as i begin my Salmon career, so i will definately be fishing there in the spring. Other than that i was just going to see what is available on the fishdee website so your suggestions are very welcome. I will have a look at those beats. Do you know when the beats become available on fishdee? Is it usually the start of the year?

I have been to Durness only once before. we stayed in the youth hostel and walked to the nearest loch which was not far. I was only there for one day though which was a crime. I fell for the place and have been meaning to get back since! Next year definately!! :grin
Will probably stay at the youth hostel again.

Kev Danby

« Reply #16 on: 21/10/2009 at 21:05 »
Plans for next season

Take mini me out for a few short sessions
Lose Don salmon virginity
SWFF
Above all what ever the fishing salt, fly, bait make the most of the time and enjoy

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #17 on: 21/10/2009 at 21:25 »
I have fished Tilbouries on the Dee this year and Willie Banks who is the ghillie there has been great with me as i begin my Salmon career, so i will definately be fishing there in the spring. Other than that i was just going to see what is available on the fishdee website so your suggestions are very welcome. I will have a look at those beats. Do you know when the beats become available on fishdee? Is it usually the start of the year?

I have been to Durness only once before. we stayed in the youth hostel and walked to the nearest loch which was not far. I was only there for one day though which was a crime. I fell for the place and have been meaning to get back since! Next year definately!! :grin

If you have been fishing at Willies then you will know Middle Drum well, its the opposite bank :z16 My father has a saturday syndicate rod, so I can be found there throughout the season :z4 Im offshore at the moment (have to hand in my phone) but when I get back to the beach I can P.m you the contact details for both ghillies if you like?  Iv never fished Tilbouries (previous ghillie did not like people who fished drum to fish his side) ??? but now that its under new managemnet I may well have a bash there next season also.

Paul Garrigan

« Reply #18 on: 21/10/2009 at 21:50 »
  If you have been fishing at Willies then you will know Middle Drum well, its the opposite bank :z16 My father has a saturday syndicate rod, so I can be found there throughout the season :z4 Im offshore at the moment (have to hand in my phone) but when I get back to the beach I can P.m you the contact details for both ghillies if you like?  Iv never fished Tilbouries (previous ghillie did not like people who fished drum to fish his side) ??? but now that its under new managemnet I may well have a bash there next season also.

Lol.....Now that you mention it im sure someone has told me that before.:z7  That would be great if you could PM me the ghillie details. It would mean if Willie is fully booked i might still get on.  :z18
I plan to have a quite a few days early on next year so im sure i will bump into you at some point.  :z16

Thanks for that.
Paul

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #19 on: 22/10/2009 at 15:33 »
I get jealous of you lot...having a closed season and all...For me the season is just rolling on from the Carp one into the Pike one..so no rest for me..lol.

Ambitions for 2010...

Scottish 20 pound Carp on the fly
A 20 pound Pike from the tube
Lots more river fishing for Brownies
Get caught up with all my rod building projects!
Get a grayling on the fly rather than maggot/sweetcorn.
Break the 3lb barrier for Grayling.
Finally get my loch stocked!!!!!!

DaveW

« Reply #20 on: 22/10/2009 at 22:10 »

This was my first season fishing for the silver tourist and had the fantastic experience of hooking, landing and releasing my first salmon at Cairnton, so obviously I would recommend giving it a go there. David Cowie, the ghillie, is a true gent and helped me on my day there, spending time with me and making sure I got the best experience I could, ending up with a beautiful fish of 8lbs, it still makes me smile now :grin Ihave also fished Middle Drum and found that to be a great day, connecting with a fish in the morning but unfortunately the fish goot the better of me :cry

Hopefully see you out and about next season, drop me a pm if you want.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #21 on: 23/10/2009 at 08:22 »
David Cowie, the ghillie, is a true gent and helped

I would confirm that, he is one of our Pipers in the Banchory Pipe BAnd..very nice chap indeed :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com