Normal questions...

You caught anything yet?
Are there fish in there?
Are you fishing?

Annoying statements....

There are no fish in there mate!
You wont catch anything there mate!
All the fish died years ago!
What you fishing for (In a stocked trout loch!)

And the unbelievable....

My mate saw a fish eat a duck in there. It choked and when they weighed it it was 50 pounds!
My mate caught the Scottish record from where you are fishing. Caught it on a bit of bread soaked in Irn Bru (Thats an actual statement I have heard!..lol)
My grandad caught a conger eel from here (said to me when fishing Loriston years ago!)

Anyone have any others for a Friday afternoon?

Bronzebommer

Re: Fings what you done gone and hear when fish'n.
« Reply #1 on: 16/10/2009 at 16:24 »
When pike fishing at Kinord a few years ago an old lady came along and asked what I was fishing for, when I replied Pike she said "do you eat them?" to which I replied "no", she then said "What is the point of fishing for them then?"

I'll leave it at that.

Jay Scott

« Reply #2 on: 16/10/2009 at 18:00 »

Down at the Don one day about waist deep in water spey casting accross the Black Pot an older man walking his dogs simply asks... "Are you fishing?".. not the best but made me laugh.  :z4 I like the Irn Bru one  :cool:

Jay

Dario

« Reply #3 on: 30/10/2009 at 13:56 »
The one we get with our club, is when you arrive to a fishery and the owner or care taker, tells you that ...'you should have been here yesterday, it was fishing it's head off'... That's the ussual sign that we are not going to have a great days fishing. :z8

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 30/10/2009 at 17:45 »
I was fishing at Inverurie last week and this guy comes up to me and asks if there are Barbel in here?

I nearly P****d myself laughing!

Only joshing guys - give me a break :z4

Skodafan

Iain Cameron

« Reply #5 on: 31/10/2009 at 10:05 »

Skodafan

skodafan... good one...

my favourite fishing quote from the passer by who stops to talk you, asks if you've caught anything, then shouts "Fetch!" as they lob a huge stick into the river for their muckle great mutt to retrieve ... Doh!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com