Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Iain Goolager

Re: considering taking up float tubing
« Reply #15 on: 11/10/2009 at 18:57 »

PS: My wife took some pics, but I can't work out how to include them on this post!

Hi Ray, try here
http://www.fishingthefly.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1951.0

xixray

« Reply #16 on: 13/10/2009 at 12:22 »
Thanks Goolager - got one pic on the forum - now to try more!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #17 on: 13/10/2009 at 13:59 »
In reply to you struggling to turn the boat etc. I think you will find it will come with practice. As I said before, I fount sitting higher much easier. However, I do have proper divers fins rather than the wee things you get with the tube. This may make a big diference.

The line tray puzzles me. I found it sat snuggly against my tummy. Could it be that because you are sitting lower it is being pushed forward??

Scratch that...just looked at your pictures again..you have the latest version with the much thicker seat etc. have a look at this picture of the older style..

compared to yours

Looks like the line tray is longer and narrower and the whole tube a little smaller.

xixray

« Reply #18 on: 13/10/2009 at 15:52 »
Hi Rob
        you're right my float tube is a differant version to your version.  You can see by comparing both your photos that my line tray is nowhere near as wide as yours.  Also the way your tray is connected to the straps at your side help to pull the tray snuggly up to your body.  My pathetic line tray has two strips of velcrose that are supposed to stick to the side pontoons.  The line tray on my tube only just reaches the front of the seat. The seat is also, as you say, a lot thicker and higher when it is fully inflated.  Once I took most of the air out of it , it was fine.
       As for flippers, my mate is a scuber diver and he offered to sell me a pair of his diving flippers (brand new) for £15.  having read through most of the post referance flippers, the general consensus is that I should first of all get used to the smaller flippers and then upgrade to the larger flippers when my legs gain more strength.

cheers Mate!  :grin

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com