Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Anyone out today ?
« on: 03/10/2009 at 18:56 »
Blowing a hooley up in Peterhead , The bloo toons 2nd division game was cancelled due to the wind. I ended up with an extra shed as the neighnours landed in my garden  :roll

Anyone manage to wet a line ? Did Haddo escape the worst of the wind ?

:z18

Jim

Mike Barrio

Re: Anyone out today ?
« Reply #1 on: 03/10/2009 at 19:49 »
Hi Jim :z16

Yes, it got wilder as the day went on :z6 Mike Livingstone and his dad were out on Haddo, plus a few others, the rowing and casting proved "interesting", but they all had fish and many of these were taken near the surface.

Mike & his Dad had about 10 between them and Alex "catman" had a cracking session with approx 25 fish! :shock

Best wishes
Mike

(below) Mike & his Dad

Eugenio Antonielli

« Reply #2 on: 03/10/2009 at 19:54 »
 :cool:

BACK IN THE BRITISH ISLES FOLKS!!!
YES, Barbassa is back with vengeance...however, I am in London this time, getting my rod licence, going to stalk ye auld Thames, and tributaries, plus attacking Wales head on....of course, given a chance, I shall make a trip up there, in the great Scotland!!
Pity, still a long way to retire..... :cry

tight lines, give a kiss to Monymusk Grant Arm ladies and the Brownies of the Don on my behalf!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 03/10/2009 at 20:23 »
I headed down to a carp water near Stirling for a 3 day session...came home today as trees where dropping like flies all around the loch. Wat too dangerous to be sat under canvas and not much else!!

Iain Goolager

« Reply #4 on: 03/10/2009 at 22:43 »
Hi Jim,
Was up at Dalgety with the club. I was out in the tube and I must say that the water was surprisingly warm or should I say surprisingly not freezing.
Wind was a pest in the morning and an absolute pig in the afternoon. The tally for the day wasn't bad considering the conditions but the fish were finicky and there were long spells when I didn't think anything was going to hook up.

A good day in all though

Iain

Graham Allan

« Reply #5 on: 04/10/2009 at 12:40 »
We saw a sad faced older chap with a dapping rod go past.We were 15 miles NE of peterhead at the time.we noted his speed and course and recon he is in Denmark today. :z4 :z4

andrewp

« Reply #6 on: 04/10/2009 at 17:03 »
Yes Iain, it was a bit of A Perfect Storm :z4 at Delgattie, you lasted longer than me out there,i became a landlubber at 3 o,clock, but still a great days fishing, i ended up with 4 rainbows and one blue, great conditioned fish and very nice venue, well done Jonathon :z16
Tight lines Andrew.

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 04/10/2009 at 18:27 »
Hi andrewp,

we've never met so appolgies for, obviously, not introducing myself.

The fish are indeed in great condition & if you'd only given it a little longer in the afternoon as the fish did come on after a sluggish morning.

Iain

Barry Robertson

« Reply #8 on: 06/10/2009 at 19:53 »
Fished Rescobie today, water clarity is back to almost crystal clear, fishing was tough going but managed to winkle a few out  :wink
Back on Friday for more punishment  :z18

Jim Eddie

« Reply #9 on: 06/10/2009 at 20:01 »
Bazil do you not have work to go to  :z4

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #10 on: 06/10/2009 at 20:06 »
No jim, on a 10 day retainer and no work to go to  :z4
Guess i will just have to keep fishing  :z2

Barry Robertson

« Reply #11 on: 09/10/2009 at 17:56 »
Rescobie was on Fire today, some cracking fish came off it today along with this wee one  :wink

TROUT-SALMON

« Reply #12 on: 09/10/2009 at 18:16 »
Thats a nice trout what did u get that on. How big was it. i fish Rescobie my self 
well done  :z18 :z16

Barry Robertson

« Reply #13 on: 09/10/2009 at 18:20 »
Fish was 9 3/4 lbs and took one of my own skinny size 14 Snatchers  :wink
Back on sunday for some more action  :z18

TROUT-SALMON

« Reply #14 on: 09/10/2009 at 18:23 »
Nice good luck then on sunday  :z16 :cool:

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com