Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andy Finlay

Lochs near Inverness
« on: 28/09/2009 at 12:04 »
Im up in Inverness this weekend and will have a couple of hours to kill. I was wondering if anyone could recommed any of the lochs near (10 -15min drive) Inverness for a spot of trout fishing and if so where to get a permit.

Hamish Young

Re: Lochs near Inverness
« Reply #1 on: 28/09/2009 at 13:26 »
Stocked or wild :?

Andy Finlay

« Reply #2 on: 28/09/2009 at 14:40 »
I was thinking wild as i would like a go at that for a change but stocked if I need to.

Andy Finlay

« Reply #3 on: 01/10/2009 at 13:41 »
No one have any info?

Mike Livingstone

« Reply #4 on: 01/10/2009 at 16:11 »
At this time of year the trout are out of season now but there are plenty lochs near Inverness.  Your best bet is to get in touch with Grahams ( the local tackle shop) as they sell permits for different waters in the area and youmay want to check that my first statement is still 100% correct.

Mike L.

Noel Kelly

« Reply #5 on: 01/10/2009 at 23:25 »
I'm pretty sure the trout season doesn't finish until the 6th of oct in a lot of places, lochs especially. I know I have definitely fished several lochs north of Inverness(far) in the first week of oct and had some excellent sport. This time of year the loch trout can stack up at the mouth,s of inflow burns preparing for the spawning run. With the rain forecast tomorrow you could have excellent sport.

If you only have a few hours then do as mike said speak to the guys in the tackle shop, choose an area/ticket with a few loch,s as one could be switched off and then buy an ordinance survey map :wink

Wish I was up there myself this weekend.

I would fish wet flies in teams of three, chop and change with the usual kates and bibio,s etc, try the bigger sizes and ones with flouro tails.

Paul Rankine

« Reply #6 on: 01/10/2009 at 23:31 »
Hi,
This time of year the loch trout can stack up at the mouth,s of inflow burns preparing for the spawning run. With the rain forecast tomorrow you could have excellent sport.

Good advice Noel ,

Andy ,  put them back though as some are bit slimy I,ve found.

ones with flouro tails

:z18

Paul

« Reply #7 on: 02/10/2009 at 09:19 »

not sure if i am too late but this fishery is just south of Nairn 3 Fly lochs well stocked £25 for 4 fish.

http://www.achagourfishingponds.co.uk/

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com