Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave B

Fishing Competition
« on: 15/09/2009 at 18:51 »
Hello all, just a reminder that the Methlick Legion fishing competition takes place this coming Sunday 20th September at Lochter.

I have managed to secure some great prizes for the event (thanks for the prize Mike!), and hope as many people as possible will turn up.

Just in case you are interested the prizes are as follows:

1st - Guideline 9ft rod, river landing net and a floating fly line.
2nd - Tackle bag, telescopic landing net and a fly box.
3rd - Veniard premium fly tying kit

Plus a raffle, and hopefully a prize for the biggest fish (open to donations!!! :z4)

It all starts at 9am and finishes about 330pm. Hope to see you there.

Dave Batty - Vice Chairman Methlick Legion.

clark

Re: Fishing Competition
« Reply #1 on: 15/09/2009 at 20:02 »
can anyone enter ? Also do you have to sign up ?

calum

Dave B

« Reply #2 on: 15/09/2009 at 20:08 »
Its open to all Callum, come along, all you have to do is pay for your two fish ticket and I you feel like it make a small donation to the Legion. Dave.

clark

« Reply #3 on: 15/09/2009 at 20:12 »
brill might see you there then :D

clark

« Reply #4 on: 23/09/2009 at 18:58 »
Right well the comp was brill and to be honest couldn't have gone any better for me :) started off the day with an intermediate line and a 16ft leader. On this i had a pearly comorant sandwiched in between two blobs :) a yellow one and a sunburst. Bunged this all out and mixed up the retrieves on every cast. By lunch time i had 8 fish in the bag and was chuffed to hell. I then went on to double this amount in the second half and placed third overall !!! :) first time i have ever placed well in one of these bigger comps and to prove my luck on that day i even won a 15 pack of tennents in the raffle :) all in all a brill day and just have to say thank you very much to dave and the other people who helped  in organising it as it was one of my best, if not the best days fishing i have ever had :)  :z16

calum

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 25/09/2009 at 18:09 »
Good stuff Clark, sounds like your getting a good armouray of tactics under your belt  :wink
Blobs and cormorant doing damage is an all to often expression iam hearing alot of these days  :z16
Good angling anyway, keep it up :z18

Dave B

« Reply #6 on: 26/09/2009 at 09:16 »
Well done Calum. It was a good day all round (even if it was a bit bright). A good head of fish caught (only one blank out of 29 anglers). Lots of doubles, and good fun had. A big thank you to all who supported the event, we raised £232.84 for the Legion. A very good sum for our first fishing comp.

Thanks again to everyone, and I hope we can do it again next year.

Dave Batty
Vice Chairman Methlick Legion. :z15

Iain Goolager

« Reply #7 on: 26/09/2009 at 23:22 »
Well done Calum a great boost personally and for a good cause too.

Iain

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com