Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Graeme Gauld

carron valley fishery
« on: 08/09/2009 at 16:35 »
Hi
        I am going to carron valley fishery this coming sunday i have never fished there before and was looking for some advice on tactics, flies, areas etc can anyone help ? :z12

Cheers

Jim Eddie

Re: carron valley fishery
« Reply #1 on: 08/09/2009 at 18:06 »
Tango

I have never fished it , its a big water so its finding where the fish are thats usually the trick, structure, Islands, inlet/ outlet burns , weed beds etc. See attached for the latest reports

http://www.carronvalley.com/Carron-News.htm

:z18

Jim

Barry Robertson

« Reply #2 on: 08/09/2009 at 18:26 »
The far dam i belive is fishing well as is the corner of the dam opposite the boats.
When you come out the boat bay turn right and fish all the wee bays up to gull island , normally fish are found down this shore espcecially the bows.
Fly choice is very varried but i would not be without an orange blob on my top dropper  :wink
Cormorants/kates/diawl bachs and yellow dancers are all worth a try  :z18
You will be lucky to get out this weekend if the wind stays up, they are very prone to not letting boats out due to high winds :z6
I went down last month and was turned about as the forecast was for the wind to pick up,
Hope you get out anyway and have some good sport  :z18

Stuart Smith

« Reply #3 on: 08/09/2009 at 20:43 »
hi alll havent been on for a while.hope all is well

fishing on carron as baz said corner of dam wall across from the boats.carron bay and bin bay are good for the browns and oak tree and road shore is good for the rainbows
flys small mini lures and wets.try silver sparkler on the bob bibo or green tailed kate in the middle and a black cats wisker on the point.problery this time of year and a wet cell 3 or there abouts but if your after rainbows you will have to work very had to find.best bet for sport would be carron bay for the browns

i love carron.would fish there every day if i could

let me know how you did would love to get a day down there before they close

stuart

Graeme Gauld

« Reply #4 on: 09/09/2009 at 13:37 »
thanks for the info guys will let you know how i get on   :z15

Barry Robertson

« Reply #5 on: 14/09/2009 at 21:36 »
Well how did you get on Tango  :?

Graeme Gauld

« Reply #6 on: 15/09/2009 at 09:19 »
Hi guys had seven to the boat and lost a couple, great place , all caught on buzzers and snatchers . It was very sunny with little wind

Barry Robertson

« Reply #7 on: 15/09/2009 at 20:05 »
Sounds like you had a braw day anyway  :z18
Not exactly a small water so glad to hear you got some good sport  :z16
Where were you finding the fish  :z4

Graeme Gauld

« Reply #8 on: 16/09/2009 at 08:56 »
bigtroot
              finding them all along the road shore close in , yes it was a good out will go back again  :z16

Stuart Smith

« Reply #9 on: 16/09/2009 at 19:35 »
its a great place :z12

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com