Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

buzzer

Furled leaders
« on: 06/09/2009 at 22:08 »
Hi all,
Just joined the forum, I know a lot of you use furled leaders does anyone know where i can get them from ?
I have tried Jim Williams but he no longer makes them due to work commitments I prefer to buy them in Britain if possible.
Thanks in anticipation.

Andy Wren

Re: Furled leaders
« Reply #1 on: 07/09/2009 at 11:18 »
Try the ones by Rod Dibble as sold by Spider Plus.
I stocked them some 10 years ago when I worked for O'Reillys ,and am still using them.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 07/09/2009 at 12:11 »
Hi "buzzer"
Welcome to the forum :z16

Good advice from "ACW", Rod's leaders have a very good reputation :wink

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

buzzer

« Reply #3 on: 07/09/2009 at 12:27 »
Thanks for that information will check them out. 

Andy Wren

« Reply #4 on: 07/09/2009 at 16:41 »
Have to acmit Rod is a mate of mine ,some rather fine furled salmon leaders for floating line work arrived this weekend ,specials which with some tweaking may be available next season .Thats if I find a river low enough for full floater work (1 day so far this season )
I do love trying new things ,as furled leaders were 10 or so years ago.
Then giving  feedback and seeing a concept flower, big commercial problem with furled leaders is they last a long time ,so repeat sales are 4/5 or more years down the line !

buzzer

« Reply #5 on: 07/09/2009 at 17:20 »
I don't do salmon fishing mainly stillwater but i'm hoping to do some grayling fishing on the river Hodder
(Lancashire).
 I first used furled leaders about 7 years ago I thought they were great until I lost a good fish
when the small ring on the end came adrift !!.
 I've looked on the spider website and they have small loops at the end which should be much better so I think I will order a couple and see how they go. 

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com