Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Hi folks :cool:

Well ..... Haddo didn't escape the showers either and is now positively brown :z6

I have certainly got off lightly and "cunning plans" that have been devised over the years have been worth their weight in gold, keeping the damage to the minimum and the fish in the loch :wink

But the water has coloured up badly, so there will be no fishing for a few days I'm afraid :oops

I will keep you updated on here
Best wishes
Mike

Hmmm, not too bad, just a wee bit of water coming over the bank

The ducks appear to like swimming on the footpath

But that burn is running very brown

It has certainly coloured the water

Yes .... that is brown!

Don't you just love solar power! :z3

There was one fisher in the boats when I arrived though :z4

Mike Barrio

Re: Minor flooding at Haddo (closed until water clears up)
« Reply #1 on: 05/09/2009 at 15:06 »
Just a quick update .....

Back to normal today, just suffering from chocolate brown water. I don't like letting boats out when this happens as it just prolongs the time it takes to settle.

I don't like taking folks money when the fishing is going to be "below par" either, so I'll stay closed for the moment and will hopefully be happy enough with the conditions to open again on Tuesday or wednesday :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 07/09/2009 at 18:02 »
Hi folks :cool:

The fish were feeding on the surface well today, but the water is still pretty coloured. I think I'll open for fishing again on Wednesday morning, the water will still be quite brown then I expect, but it should fish well :wink

Best wishes
Mike

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 08/09/2009 at 08:12 »
Its just a challenge Mike :)

Mike Barrio

Yes, all part of the fun Rob :z4

I'm much happier with the water conditions today and the fish have been feeding on the surface again all day ....... So Haddo will be open for fishing tomorrow morning :cool:

I spent most of yesterday and today boatbuilding, which is probably not my forte :z6 I had to replace a long section of side planking which had been wrecked by anchors ..... I do wish folk would remember the rule about not throwing anchors and be a bit more careful with them, they really can do a lot of damage to the boats if not used properly :shock

I'm looking forward to getting back to normal tomorrow
Best wishes
Mike

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com