Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

Thanks Mike
« on: 28/08/2009 at 09:04 »
Once more a big thanks to Mike...not many places you can go yo buy a blank and the seller hands you a made up version to make sure you know how the rod is going to perform once made up! :)

Thanks again Mike, I look forward to the rods maiden voyage at Haddo.!!

I also have to say a big thank you to him for supplying me a whipping check that I am needing to finish Iains Pike fly rod. I have had it on back order for nearly 9 months...and Mike had one sitting...

So once more Mike, you are a true gent!

Iain Goolager

Re: Thanks Mike
« Reply #1 on: 28/08/2009 at 10:23 »
I also have to say a big thank you to him for supplying me a whipping check that I am needing to finish Iains Pike fly rod.

Yeah, Thanks Mike!

Rob, If only I could remember how to tie those baitfish patterns ? ??? :z8 :z6 :roll :oops

Iain

Bronzebommer

« Reply #2 on: 28/08/2009 at 19:15 »
Thank you toooooo :grin
Cant wait to get it built.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #3 on: 28/08/2009 at 21:46 »
Yeah, Thanks Mike!

Rob, If only I could remember how to tie those baitfish patterns ? ??? :z8 :z6 :roll :oops

Iain

:oops :oops :oops
I will throw in some for you...not long now...have my daughter this weekend so cant use the rod building..sorry, her bedroom for the epoxying, but early next week it will be done..its only the very butt section that needs doing, rest has been ready months.

What do you want written on the butt, besides "About bloody time!".

Ben Dixon

« Reply #4 on: 28/08/2009 at 21:49 »
How is my TCR looking Rob  :z7 :z4

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #5 on: 29/08/2009 at 02:40 »
a made up version to make sure you know how the rod is going to perform once made up! :)

Depends how you build it :wink

If you ask him nicely i'm sure he will have lots of interesting wee things just sitting!! :wink
Some may get you out a jam as long as he doesn't undersell them :roll

Sandy :cool:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 30/08/2009 at 10:30 »
Depends how you build it :wink

Well, a size 50mm SiC butt ring, 4 intermediates and a 16mm tip ring, that should do it ;)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com